Chapter 2

Once I get home I talked to Peter about what had happened

Once I get home I talked to Peter about what had happened. He was glad they agreed to let us stay human since we are already going to be live forever and want to keep to ourselves. I also told him about my talk with Tony. The only person I have left to talk to now is Pepper. I had texted her that night asking if we could have lunch tomorrow or something because I wanted to talk with her but knew she was busy.
She agreed immediately for tomorrow at 11 and was going to have happy pick me up and bring me to the restaurant she picked out.

The next morning I woke up pretty early. I had another nightmare so I changed into some leggings and a sports bra and made my way to the gym. No one was in there yet so I put my headphones in and started working out my emotions. As I was punching the bog, I started getting several flashbacks of old missions. Suddenly I put the bag and it busted then turned to ice.

I was breathing heavy and felt arms wrap around me, I was still in my PTSD episode and freaked out causing me to throw the person over me landing on their back and I conjured a knife sticking it to their throat.

"Wow wow hey, its me calm down its just be" Peter starts to ramble out.

"Oh no, Peter I am so sorry. I did not mean to hurt you." I say helping him up.

"It is okay, I should have known not to startle you in an episode. I also wanted to tell you, you have been done here for four hours, and its almost 10 so you better go get ready to have lunch with Pep." He tells me.

I didn't realize the time so I ran out of the gym, took a shower, got ready and headed down stairs to where Happy was waiting for me. He opened the door for me and I basically jumped in.

Once we got there, I saw Pepper waiting outside for me. "Hi sorry if I am late."

"No sweetie you are fine, come on lets eat."

We sat down in a corner booth to have some privacy. After we got our drinks and ordered we started to talk.
"So is everything okay?" Pepper asks.

"Yeah actually, I had this same conversation with Tony but I wanted it with you too. I just wanted to spend some time with you and take the chance to thank you for everything you and tony have done for peter and I. We don't have a lot of family memories and ever since you guys took us in, its felt like family again. So thank you so much for taking a chance on us. Especially me with my mindless past." I tell her softly.

Pepper starts to tear up some and just smiles at me. I can't help but smile back. "Sweetie, you do not have to thank us. We love that you guys are part of the team and a part of our lives. You may have a rough past but we would never let that change our minds of taking you both in." She says.

We continue talking throughout dinner about how I am doing dealing with everything. I told her about my episode this morning and some of the nightmares I got last night.

She made it easy to talk to and open up. She's dealt with Tony and his anxiety and nightmares so she knows the signs of lack of sleep in someone. She offered to always be a listening ear for me if I needed someone who wouldn't try and fix it but just listen.

After lunch Happy dropped her off at work and then took me home. I got back to the tower and saw everyone in the lounge area watching a movie. I ran over and jump on top of my brother making him let out a grunt.

"How was lunch?" He asked.

"It went really well actually." I said curling into my twins side.

We kept watching movies all evening before it was dinner time. We always had team/family meals together. It allowed us to take a break from mission/superhero work and actually be a family. Stories were told, jokes were made, it was perfect. One large family together and I couldn't get enough of it.

Over the next several months we had so many missions. We kept getting closer to ending hydra. There were a couple more bases left to find and then it would be over. Bucky and I couldn't wait because then we would be completely free.

I ended up taking Peter to meet the Volturi once. I had been talking to Demitri about his latest fuck and we got to talking about how the kings wanted to see me again and meet my brother. I convinced tony to let us go because we were still young and should explore and have a vacation sometimes. That seemed to work because they let us go.

Peter was nervous at first but when we got there he calmed down seeing that they weren't going to hurt us. Felix and I ended up pulling some pranks around the castle and boy were they good.

We put hair dye in Caius's shampoo, so when he showed up to the throne room with pink hair we all lost it. He was so angry but eventually laughed with us. Aro told us stories about his past and becoming a vampire, and Marcus was that sweet grandpa everyone wanted. He was there to listen, guide, and comfort us when we needed. He knew a lot about my past more than the others. He helped me work through a lot of that self hate.

He eventually told me about his mate that died but he decided to keep on leaving even though it hurt. I showed him my soulmate tattoo and talked about how I was scared they wouldn't accept me because of my past. Vampires couldn't really judge because they drink people to live, but a human and having to explain how I was a murderer that was going to be different. However, Marcus told me that if he's truly my soulmate he will accept me and work me through it as well.

Peter and I ended up staying in Italy for three days for vacation. It was nice to see everyone here. We just couldn't tell the rest of the team who we were meeting.
After our visit, we headed home and went back to missions and taking down more hydra.