On The Eve Of The Wedding.

KIARA

I'm meeting my nephew! I made it a point to invite Jasiri and Asher to my wedding and Kion just went to pick them up from the airport. I'm finally going to meet this little boy that I didn't even know existed until a few months ago. I'm going to hug him so tight.

"Ready to meet your twin's son born to him by his ex-girlfriend?" Kovu asked me. My normal IQ brain took a moment to process that. I love it when he over explains things.

I nodded. "I am going to be the fun aunt who spoils him," I said, "You know, like my grandmother was for you and your siblings before your parents took you away. Except I'm not a widow, even though she wasn't a widow after all, and Kion isn't the world's most wanted man. I wonder what happened to your father."

Kovu tensed. He didn't like to mention his father, probably because he didn't want to be reminded that he was related to the world's most wanted man, even if it is just through adoption.

"A car just pulled up," Rani said. She was here as well, partly for Kovu and I and partly because Kion was also picking up Fuli from the airport. "They're here. Aw, Asher's cute."

"I want to see him!" I cried, jumping up. I ran to the window. My little nephew was holding Kion's hand. He looked so much like Jasiri, but he and Kion have the same birthmark. "Mom!" I yelled up to my parents, "Dad! Kion, Jasiri, Fuli, and Asher are here!" I'm pretty sure the only ones they care about are Kion and Asher, Asher being the big one.

"You didn't have to yell," I heard Dad say. I turned to the sound of his voice. He, Mom, Sara, Fina, and Grandpa were behind me. "We're right here."

"Where's my grandson?" Mom asked.

The door opened. Little Asher can running in. "Asher," Kion said, "Watch out for the. . ." Asher tripped down the step down in front of the door. "Step." Kion finished.

Asher held his head and started crying. Jasiri ran to her son and calmed him down. It didn't take that long, tripping down a single step couldn't hurt that much. As soon as Asher calmed down, Mom swooped in on him and snatched him from Jasiri's arms. "Mommy!" Asher shouted, scared.

"Calm down Asher," Jasiri told him, "She's your grandmother, Kion's mommy."

"Yeah," Kion added, "It's just my mom. She won't hurt you. Your cat did more damage." So that's how he got that band-aid on his arm.

Asher looked up at Mom. "You're so cute," Mom told him, "Look at your big brown eyes and your curls and your little birthmark."

"It's Daddy's," Asher said, "It's how he knows I'm his son."

Dad chuckled. "Yes it is," he said, "Hi Asher, I'm your dad's dad."

Asher held out his arms to Dad. "Grandpa!" he cheered.

"Huh?" Grandpa asked. He had gotten used to answering to grandpa, but now we have two grandpas. That's going to be interesting.

"Who dat?" Asher asked, pointing to Grandpa.

"Come here Asher," Kion said, taking Asher from Mom. Mom frowned, she wasn't ready to let him go yet. Kion put Asher on Grandpa's lap. "This is my grandpa, your grandpa's dad. He's very old and kinda forgetful."

As if to prove it, Grandpa looked at Kion. "What's your name again?" he asked, "Also, who's this? She's cute."

"I'm a boy!" Asher cried. 

"My bad," Grandpa said. Asher huffed and crossed his arms.

I figured this was the best time to hug my nephew. "My turn to hug him," I said, taking him from Grandpa.

"So many hugs!" Asher shouted.

"Is anyone going to say hi to me?" Fuli asked, wearing her medal.

A FEW HOURS LATER

"Got any twos?" Asher asked.

I looked at my cards. "Go fish," I told him. Asher sighed and drew another card from the pile. Asher, Sara, Fina, and I were playing cards while Rani, Kion, and Fuli talked about Fuli's time at the Olympics, Mom and Dad were taking care of Grandpa, and Kovu was watching us.

I turned to Sara, or maybe Fina. "Got any sevens?" I asked.

"Which one is the seven?" Sara asked me, showing me her cards. I took her seven and matched it with mine.

Sara misunderstood me and just took a card from Fina. Fina began to cry. "Sara," I told her, "You're suppose to ask if she had a certain card before you take a card."

Kovu rolled over in his wheelchair. "I got this," he said, taking Fina in his arms. "Hush young one," he told her, "The piece of paper has been returned to your stack of cards and it shall stay there for the time being. There is nothing left to tear up over."

"I no understand!" Fina shouted.

Kovu sighed. "I should have gone to Harvard," he muttered.