The Bridesmaids Arrive.

FULI

Remember my little crush on Kion. Yeah, that's died long ago. My friend's getting married. I'm happy for him.

Why am I thinking of Azzad all of the sudden? He has nothing to do with this wedding. Sure, we've been talking since the Olympics and he said he thought he was falling in love with me, but now's not the time.

"Today's the big day," Anga said, smiling, "The first of our little group of friends to get married is getting married today. Soon, he's gonna have a second child." I could hear Rani take a deep breath behind us.

Kiara returned from the bathroom. "Sorry guys," she apologized as she got into her place.

Rani sighed. "It's okay Kiara. I'd rather you go before the ceremony than during, though after is preferable."

Kiara rolled her eyes. "Maybe it's best I didn't get a sister until after I grew up," she said, "I would have killed her if she came sooner. Either sister."

Sara and Fina glanced up at their big sister. Kiara smiled. "No offense, I love you."

"Go now?" Sara asked.

"Wait until the music changes," Amahle said.

"What did she say?" Fina asked.

Amahle huffed in annoyance. She still has issues with people not understanding her because of her accent. Understandable, really. Azzad has the same problem.

No Fuli! Today is not about Azzad, it's about Kion and Rani. Kion and Rani, Kion and Rani, Rani and Kion, Kion and Rani. I'm pretty sure that's burned into my brain by now.

I patted my hair down, re-pinned my flower, and picked up my bouquet. As one of the few blonds, I really stuck out among the Blacks, browns, Asian, and Latina in this bridal party. Sure there was Kiara and. . . Wait. Where was Evie? She was blond and she wasn't here.

"Kiara, was Evie in the bathroom too?" I asked.

Kiara shook her head. "I went in alone and came out alone. No one else came in. Hey, where is Evie?"

"Great," Rani groaned, "Just what I need seconds before I walk down the aisle."

"Don't worry Rani," Makini said, "I can find her real quick. We'll both be back before the music changes."

And then the music changed. "Darn," Makini said.

Rani sighed. "We'll just have to go without her. She better have a good explanation for this."

I was the first in the line up. I took a deep breath and took the first step forward.