Pet names

"Thanks babygirl, you're the best!" You, Y/N
Y/L/N, Derek's significant other of three months, hear him say to Garcia while on a case. It's known by all the team members what joking flirtatious things are passed between Derek and Penelope. You've never had an issue with it. However, it came to your attention that Morgan had never given you a pet name. Baby, Princess (or prince), Gorgeous(or Handsome)... you wanted that to be you. You wanted Derek to be like that with you.

It was getting on your nerves, yearning to feel as special and important as Penelope, you began to distance yourself from Derek.

One week after you began to realize what you felt you wanted, no, you needed from Derek you receive a call. "Hey sugar", you listen to Garcia, "you've got a case. It's a doozy, bring your go-bag and pack warm." "Alright, see you soon" , you respond.

*20 minutes later you're briefing with the team*
"Wheels up in 30", your boss, Aaron Hotchner announces. You sigh realizing that this case means at least like 3 days non-stop with your boyfriend and his provocative sentiments with Garcia.

"Hey Y/N." , Morgan says sitting next to you on the jet, "Hey Der."  You respond not really wanted to engage in conversation with your boyfriend. He notices this but brushed it off. Of course on a plane of profilers there was one person who really noticed your slightly annoyed attitude. Your best friend, Emily Prentiss.

*1.5 hrs later*
You land and are assigned jobs. Hotch sent you and Emily to the M.E to get a better idea of what the Unsub was doing to the victims. On the car ride there Emily asked you about your relationship. "Are you okay Y/N? You seemed a little agitated with Morgan..." "It's nothing Em." you replied trying to avoid the situation but in efforts to find out the real issue, Emily kept pestering you till she got a genuine answer. "I want a pet name! Okay?!" , you said flustered.
"What?" Emily asked in confusion, "I want a pet name from Derek like Pen has. It's not fair, I'm his girlfriend. He only ever calls me 'Y/N' or
'Y/N/N' and I'm fed up." You rant. Emily sits there in shock not knowing what to say whilst you're on the verge of tears.
After two minutes of silence Prentiss breaks the tension. "I think you should tell Derek. As you said, he is your boyfriend." "You're right Em. Thanks. I'll tell him when we get back." "No problem Y/N"

A couple hours later you finally see Morgan. "Hey Y/N! Wanna go grab some dinner?", Derek asks you when you walk into the police station. "Sure. I've been meaning to talk to you." Derek gets a little nervous when you say this but you give him a reassuring smile.

*10 minutes later you reach a restaurant and while you're waiting for your food to come out you decide upon yourself that now is the time*

"Der?" He looks up at you "This may sound stupid. But... I want you to call me something other than my name. Like you do for Pen..." you say shyly looking down at the table while fiddling with your fingers. Derek smiles at you and you feel embarrassed. "I had no idea you felt that way. You're amazing and special my love. Don't ever forget it sweet-thing" 😉

Okay! That's my first imagine! I hope you enjoyed it. I'll try and post at-least once a week! Peace!