First Pride (P.G)

****TW!!! H0m0ph0b!a & profanity

It was your very first time going to a pride parade and you had just recently come out to the public. Your girlfriend, Penelope Garcia, was used to all of this and had been out for a long time.

"Are you excited babe!?" Garcia asked, full of energy, "Yeah!" That wasn't entirely a lie. Yes, you were super excited to go to your very first pride parade. However, you were worried. You didn't know how things would turn out. All the videos filled with chaos and danger at pride parades flooded your mind on the drive to the parade. Your hands were trembling and you were tapping your foot on the floor in anxiety.

*at the parade*

Things were seemingly fine... although— the crowds were a bit too large for your liking. But it was still manageable. "F4gg0t$!! Burn in hell!! You are abominations and need to be exterminated!!" A different crowd chanted. They began to throw things at you and the others at the parade. Penelope grabbed your hand and ran back to the car. She dialed 991 to gain control of the situation.

*20 minutes later*

The homophobes you never got to throw cheese at (Iykyk) were arrested. They resumed the festivities but you and Penelope decided to go back home. You kept having flashbacks to those people screaming at you. "Hey sugarplum" "Hi" "You okay?" "Yeah, I just have a little headache, I'm gonna take a nap" "I hope you feel better-," *ring ring* "Ugh, great.. Hey Hotch, mhm.. I'll be there soon... I have to brief the team on a new case but I'll be back soon. I love you, take some medicine." "Ok, I love you too, I will." *forehead kiss*

You jolted from your nap, sweating profusely, tears streaming down your face and you weren't all that sure how it started. "Baby— what's wrong??" "Th- the people— at the parade.. I- is it always like that?" "Of course not sweetheart. Some people out there are bad ut that was the only time anything has happened at a parade I went to... and I've been to a LoT!" "But how were you so calm..??" "I'm not sure, maybe it's all the time I've spent with the team.. but you don't have to worry about those people because I'll always protect you. I never want you to have to be scared to be yourself."

That ending was weird. . .

HAPPY PRIDE MY LOVES!!!

🩷💜💙