Forgotten Anniversary (D.R)

(Pretend that Rossi is young in this and that he wasn't married before)

*Your POV*

I was peacefully sleeping next to my boyfriend, David Rossi, when I heard his alarm go off at 5 in the morning. I had just assumed that he'd forgotten to turn it off the night before considering, he told me he'd be taking off of work today. I fell back asleep just after he turned off the alarm. I only drifted back into consciousness when 45 minutes later, he kissed my forehead. "Where you going?" I squinted because it was still dark and I didn't have on my glasses. "To work" "Oh-.." "I'll be back later, amor" he pressed a kiss to my lips, "I love you" "I love you too" he grabbed the jacket of his suit and left. It was too early for me to do anything productive so I went back to sleep and woke up a few hours later hoping it was all just a dream.. it wasn't. David had really gone to work. And it wasn't just some regular shmegular day, it was our 5 year anniversary of being together. Who knows? Maybe this is all part of an elaborate scheme to do something special for this milestone. Or. . . Maybe he just forgot. I spent all day thinking the latter. I had prepared a beautiful dinner inspired by one of my boyfriend's favorite family recipes. The meal was complete and I was ready to start putting it on the plates when I got a message from Dave saying he'd be late. Just great. I've spent all this time cooking for him just to have it not be hot and fresh when he arrives.

*hOuRs LaTeR*

I had gotten tired of waiting and ate without him, leaving his serving in the microwave for him to reheat later. I was already in my pj's and doing my nightly reading on the living room sofa when he got home. "Ciao amore mio" he said as he locked the door, I half smiled at him. "I'm sorry I was so late, I got pulled into a last minute meeting and I had to look over a potential case" David explained, it was followed by a kiss on the cheek. I half smiled again and he sat next to me, "Cosa c'è che non va?" "Do you know what today is?" "Monday..?" "The date" (pick your favorite day out of the calendar year but not your birthday/a holiday 😁) "____... but what-.. *gasp* Accidenti.. Amore mio- mi dispiace.. ho dimenticato.." he tried to apologize, "Five years David,  five. You also forgot that you weren't going to work today and at no point during your day did you realize it. Because you're too involved you want to be there all day everyday. Do you know how much time I spend here by myself while you're at the office, on a case, or out with the team. You're always there no matter the circumstances. Do you even care??" "Y/N- of course I care. But this job and this team are just so special and important to me that I can't help but be so invested." I'm hurt by his words, I don't even think he knows what he just said. "Okay then.. since that's how you feel.." I responded, closing my book and leaving up to our shared bedroom. "Y/N-," "Your foods' in the microwave. Good night David." I said, closing the door right in his face. He decided to give me some time to cool off or whatever, I was sleeping long before he got in bed. He spooned me (as the big spoon) and draped his arm over me and where my stomach was exposed, he rubbed his calloused thumb. "I'm sorry Y/N/N, you are important and special and work isn't ranked higher than you in my priorities. I don't ever want you to think- not even for one second- that I don't love you. Because I love you more than anything. And I may not always be the best at showing it but I really do. . . And I want to marry you Y/N— I want you to be my wife." He told me because he assumed I was sleeping. The mere thought of marrying David made me crack a smile, "I love you too. . . Maybe you should go out and buy a ring someday.."

💖💜💙