Deaf (S.R)

Requested by @ChangbinsDewaki
(Set earlier in the show)

*Your POV*

I'm 27 year old Y/N Y/L/N and I've been completely deaf in both ears since the age of 10. I've been dating my FBI Agent boyfriend, Spencer Reid, for 6 months but we had met at the library 2 years ago when I was struggling to reach a book. Throughout those 2 years, he'd become fluent in ASL. However, in some conversations I can use ASL like closed captions because I learned how to read lips and I've gotten pretty good at it. Today, Spencer was having me join him, the team, and their partners at the bar.

*2 hours later*

We arrived at the bar, majority of the team had already been there and got started on drinks, "Hey guys, this is my girlfriend, Y/N" I waved, Spencer left a few moments later to get the two of us drinks. The only issue was, the team immediately bombarded me with questions they were all talking too fast and were talking at the same time, I couldn't keep up. . . I had a perplexed expression on my face. The blue eyed blonde— JJ— had a look of disgust on her face and said something, I think it was, "Are you listening?" Emily- the brunette— was just just giving me the death stare. The whole situation as just making me uncomfortable. So, I found Spencer and walked over to him. He was waiting for our drinks to be ready, "What's wrong?" He asked me in sign language, "I don't think they like me very much" I signed back, "Hmm... you wait here for the drinks and I'll sort things out with the team.. okay?" "Okay"

*Spencer's POV*

I have a very strong feeling I know why they weren't a fan of Y/N. . . They know Y/N's favorite food, color, musician, and all the stuff in between... the one thing I never mentioned, is that Y/N is deaf. And now because I failed to acknowledge her hearing disability, the team thinks she's rude. "Do you guys not like Y/N?" I asked them, being very straightforward. "We'll Spence..." JJ began, "Her manners weren't the best.." "Yeah, she was just ignoring us." Emily added, "She wasn't ignoring you *facepalm* she couldn't hear you." "Wait what-," "Y/N is completely deaf. She uses ASL and can read lips but you can't talk too fast or at the same time." "Oh my god- Spence we didn't know... she probably hates us now.." "She doesn't hate you.. but i still think you guys should probably apologize."

🩷💜💙