I like you

Pov: Derek likes you (this is in HS)

Derek Morgan was the school's QB, the best out there, he was up for scholarships. However, he had sucky grades, in order to stay on the football team, he needed a higher GPA, and you were the top of the junior class, with the highest GPA out of the whole school, nobody was even close to your grades and state test scores. You were in your science class when the classroom phone rang, your teacher answered it, "Yep, she'll be right there, Y/N, Coach needs you." "Okay..?" You got out of your seat and walked to the coach's office *knock knock knock* "Come in" "Hey Coach" you saw a boy in there with the Coach, "Hi Y/N, this is Derek, our quarterback, he needs some help with his grades and I believe you are the perfect person to help." "Uhm.. will I get service hours?" You asked, you're not a fan of jocks, "Sure" "Okay then" You agreed. "You two have the same free period so you can get started then" "Sounds good to me" you went back to class. Soon enough, it was your free period, you walked out to the courtyard where you were meeting Derek, "Hi" you said, "Hey" "So, what do you need to work on?" You questioned, he took out notebooks and piles of papers, highly disorganized, it triggered you a bit, you're built different and walk around with dividers, "First off, you need to have things organized. Do it by schedule, all core classes." He began organizing adding the dividers that you labeled. "And now it is time for work" you got through two questions max before Derek's friends came over, "Yo, this is your tutor?! Broooo, she's mad fine" "You do realize that I can report you for sexual harassment? Which can in turn, get you kicked off of the football team. Is that really what you want?" You talked to them like they were little kids, "Damn" one friend said, the 3 boys walked away, you helped Derek study, there was some immediate improvement, he went from getting D's and F's to C's within days. Two weeks later, he was getting B's and you were racking up service hours. You were spending a lot of time with eachother, after some time, you started crushing on Derek. "Ugh, this can't be happening! He's the quarterback, and didn't understand natural selection until 2 days ago!" You ranted to yourself, pacing around your room figuring out how to not like him anymore.

*Derek's P.O.V*

Y/N is perfect. She gets straight A's, has never gotten in trouble, and everyone loves her, even the meanest teacher, Mrs.Perronni. Y/N's smile is so pretty, and her laugh, god I could listen to her laugh all day. She's the captain of our school's (whatever sport you do, if you aren't in one then you're doing volleyball now) she's also in theatre, she does chorus, she's the NHS president and more. I don't know how she can do all that and still get amazing grades. What I do know is that I really like her, whenever I see her my face gets hot. Today during our free period, I'm gonna tell her how I feel. "Hey Y/N" I flashed my signature smile, "Hi" we went through the whole study session and I still hadn't told her. There was one minute till the bell would ring, "Y/N you are the most beautiful, funny, talented and intelligent girl in the entire school. A- and I like you— as in like you like you" I said quickly, she had a shocked expression on her face, "I- is this some sort of cruel joke your friends put you up to?" She interrogated, "N- no. I'm serious" I looked her directly in her eyes, I'd met her dad a couple weeks ago, her mom died when she was little, her father was a little overprotective, rightfully so. But, he loves football and came to the conclusion that I was a good guy. The bell rang, she hadn't responded, "Y/N?" "I- I like you too" she said quietly, my smile returned, people started walking around the campus, "Uhm.. I've gotta get to class.. but, Uhm, I'll call you later?" She asked nervously, "Y- yeah.." she didn't really know what to do, she was gonna do her usual "peace out 😋✌🏾", she then contemplated hugging me, she went on her tippy toes and kissed my cheek, it was electric.. boogie woogie woogie.. "Bye" she waved, "Bye" she walked away, I stood there for a couple seconds before realizing I was going to be late for class...

*Your P.O.V*

After I got home, my dad left for work, "Bye Y/N/N, love you" my dad said, (LMAO CAN'T RELATE) "Bye dad, love you too" after he left, I called Derek, "Hey D" I greeted, "Hey Y/N" "So... what do we do now..?" I questioned, "Based on my calculations.. I think that we should go on a date" "I've reached the same conclusion.. does Saturday work?" I offered, "Yeah" "Then, it's official, we're going on a date"

Good for you. Can't relate.
💖💜💙