Gideon's death

THANKS FOR OVER 6K VIEWS HUMANS!!! THEY'VE ABSOLUTELY SKYROCKETED RECENTLY!!! 🚀

(TW: Alc0h0l abuse... drug abuse) Prompt: Spencer is mourning Jason Gideon's death you learn something about him... (You're his 13 year old daughter)

It's a doozy...

*Spencer's P.O.V*

I sat in my car outside Gideon's house for several minutes. I went inside, tears prominent, I saw the cold, dead, body on the floor of the cabin. "Are you sure.?" Penelope asked, "It's Gideon." Hotch responded, I ran out front. Everybody leaves me.

Morgan and I went to the M.E, "Out of respect, we kept him covered" I stared aimlessly at the the dried blood on the white sheet. "Would you give us a second?" "Of course" the doctor left the room. "Did you hear any of that? He didn't suffer" the tears are back, "Listen to me, sometime you put up these walls and block us out. You can't do that— not right now. We need you kid, Gideon needs you." Derek told me. Hotch sent us all home for 24 hours  because we'd be no help if we were up for those 24 hours.

*Your P.O.V*

My father entered the house at 2 A.M, his eyes were red and puffy, dried tears on his cheeks, and new ones ready to form. "What are you still doing up Piper?" "Uhm... writing my 2000 word essay that I was supposed to start last week..." 🫣😬 "You know better Pipes" "Don't worry, I'm almost done 👀... What happened to you? You look like you just got hit by a train" I told my dad, what can I say..? Teenagers are mean. "Gideon's gone" "What do you mean dad?" I asked, "He was— he was killed" I was speechless. Jason Gideon was one of my dad's closest friends. I put down my pencil and got up from my desk chair (bc we're rich rich and have a desk in our bedroom) "I'm so sorry dad" I hugged him, "Are you okay?" "I'll be okay when I catch this son of a bitch who did this" my dad has never cursed in front of me, "Wow dad— uhm... I think you need a breather... and maybe a take a nap while you're at it.." "I'm sorry sweetheart— I just— I can't believe it" my dad responded, "You know grief is dad. You never believe it really happened— even after a funeral, it just— it feels off, you know?" We lost my mom two years ago, and I lost one of my best friends a little over 5 years ago. That was my first time dealing with death, I cried for hours after I found out, but it's easier now.

*Third person P.O.V*

A week had passed and they caught the guy who murdered Gideon. Reid still wasn't acting like himself. He always seemed agitated, "What's going on Spencer? You've been so... different lately." "It's nothing Emily, so just drop it already!" You saw as your dad stormed out of the break room while you were playing with Henry and Michael. "It's time to go Piper." "Okay, bye guys" "Bye" the boys responded. Your father's car smelled like beer, tequila, and like five other forms of alcohol. "Are you sure it's safe for you to be driving?" "Would I be driving if it weren't?" He spoke to you as if you were incompetent, something was definitely wrong.

*Your P.O.V*

When we got home, my father immediately went to the fridge for a cold beer, that's another thing— my dad rarely drank alcohol in front of me. It was time to do some snooping. I snuck up to my dad's bedroom and looked through his drawers, found nothing. So I looked through his bathroom... small bottles with something called.. Hydromorphone... better known as Dilaudid? Drugs? My dad doesn't use drugs? He would never? He's always telling me statistics about drug users... he's one of them. Being easily agitated is a common side effect of narcotics, combined with the amounts of alcohol my dad's been having... this isn't gonna be good. "Uncle Derek, I need you at the house right now. My dad can't know." I said urgently over the phone, "Is everything okay Babygirl" "Not really.. dad's been drinking— a lot, and- and- he takes- takes drugs" I stuttered through my explanation, "Drugs..?" He mumbled to himself, "Piper is he taking Dilaudid?!" "Yeah? Why?" How did Uncle Derek know? "He's had a history with it" woah. "I'll be there in 10 minutes, tops."

(TeN MiNuTeS LaTeR)

*ding dong* "I'LL GET IT!!" I announced, hiding the drugs I found in my pocket as I ran down the stairs to answer the door. "Where is he?" "Living room" I answered, "What are you doing here Morgan? Get out." "I can't do that Reid, put down the drink." Dad quickly stood up, causing me to flinch, Uncle Derek pulled me behind him to protect me. "Who the hell do you think you are?!" "I'm your friend who is worried about you and your daughters' well being." "You're using drugs dad!" I showed him the bottles, both empty and full, that I found in his bathroom. "GIVE ME THOSE!!" He lunged at me for them, I dodged him and he fell. "No! You were the one who taught me about how bad drugs were. You told me all these facts about people that use. Now you're just another number in a sad list of statistics." My heart was breaking as I said each word. It was like that sentence broke my dad out of a hypnotic state, "Piper— I— I'm so sorry— I— it— how could I be so stupid?! I hurt you Piper, and I am sincerely apologetic." "I know you are, but I don't trust you anymore, I can't be around you right now." I looked up at Derek, "I'll take good care of her Reid. But you need to take take care of yourself too." 10 minute later I had my bags packed, as soon as I walked out that door I broke down crying. "It's okay princess" "How will it ever be okay?!" I sobbed, "Your dad will get better. He's done it once, he can do it again." "Yeah? well— he's also relapsed once, who's to say he won't do it again?" I argued, "You're just gonna have to trust me on this one."

PLEASE DON'T DO DRUGS!!! THEY'RE BAD FOR YOU!!!
SAY NO TO DRUGS YALL!!!
🚫💉💊❤️

💖💙💜