Work work work

You have 4 kids, Jack is from Hotch's previous marriage he's 10, you had twins, Issac and Hazel they're 2 1/2 and 6 months ago you had baby Grace. Sometimes it was overwhelming taking care of all 4 kids, Jack liked to help you out when Aaron wasn't home. It was Thursday and Jack had a performance at school that Aaron had promised to go to.

*Your P.O.V*

Jack's performance started at 5:30 and it was now 5:20, Aaron wasn't there.

🔫Babe😘

Where are you?

No response. The performance began and I recorded it, Jack did great. At 6:30 it was done, the had all the parents come up to front to get their kids and when I saw Jack he looked sad. "What's wrong bud?" "Dad missed it.. he promised." I wiped his tears away. "You know how your dad's job is.. we can get ice cream" I smiled, "Yeah" "Let's go" I said pushing the stroller the twins were in. I got Jack ice cream and he practically forgot about the performance. We got home around 7 so I bathed the twins and as I was getting them dressed Hazel ran out the room. "Hazel, get back here" I said running after her picking her up to finish putting on her clothes. It took ten minutes for me to get them asleep then I gave Grace a bath, it was the most peaceful part of my day. I got Grace back to sleep in no time and I got to shower, Jack was pretty independent so I didn't have to help him with anything I got in bed hoping for sleep when Grace started getting crying, before I could get to her room the twins were fussing aswell, "Hi mama" I said in a positive tone, "Are you hungry?" I asked picking her up, of course I had had some bottles already in the fridge so heated one up and went to the twins while still holding Grace. "Mama, mamaaa" Hazel and Issac whined. "What's wrong?" And of course they wouldn't simply answer my question, Jack entered the room, "I can feed Grace" he said, "Jack, you don't have to do that" I bounced Grace on my hip, "I want to" "Okay" I said handing Grace to him. I walked to the twins, a picked them up, "Close your eyes, shut your mouth, dream a dream, and get us out. Dream dream dream dream dream dream" the crying died down, "Hit the hay, fast asleep, dream a dream you little bleeps, dream dream dream dream dream dream" silence. I put the twins back in their beds Jack was feeding her, "Good job bud" I told him, and he smiled. He handed Grace to me and I took her upstairs patting her back lightly, by the time up got to her room she was sleeping. I sat on my bed, the stress was taking over, this was the third night in a row that I had all the kids by myself, Aaron wasn't even on a case. I shed one tear. Then, another, and another. Jack spawned in my room, I swear he just showed up. "Mom?" He sounded sad again, I quickly wiped my tears, "What's wrong?" You could could tell that I was crying from my voice, "We're you crying?" He asked, I try to not let him see me cry, "I'm fine, what about you?" "Why does dad promise things and then break it?" Damn. I said in my head, "Cmere " I said patting the bed, he crawled onto the bed, "Well, with your dad's job sometimes he gets called in randomly, you know that. But, sometimes, he gets too involved in work and forgets about the promises." "That sucks." Jack stated, "Yeah, it does." He put his head on my shoulder, "You're the best mom ever" Jack told me, it warmed my heart, "You don't mean that.." "I do. You're the best mom I could ever have" "I love you bud" "I love you too" he's so sweet, "Okay, time for bed" "Aw man" "I'll make you waffles in the morning" "Night mom" he ran out the room, works every time. I fell asleep by 9:30 and at 10 I felt a shift in the bed, an arm wrapped around my torso. "Where were you?" I asked groggily, "Work." "This late?" "I had a lot of paperwork" it wasn't all that rare for Aaron to be working late but he'd normally text me first. "Why?" He asked, "Oh, I dunno, maybe it's that you promised Jack you would go to his performance and didn't show. Or maybe how he cried after because you weren't there. Or because I only have 2 arms but 3 children who were crying at the same time and got so overwhelmed that afterwards I couldn't help but to also cry." I ranted, "I'm sorry, I was busy, and lost track of time" "No Aaron, it's always work work work. You think you're busy? I haven't gone anywhere by myself in months because I was too busy taking care of 4 kids." I argued, "I made a mistake. I got carried away. Can we move on?" "Unbelievable." Whaa whaa "If you don't mind, I'm going to take care of Grace." I left the room and checked on Grace and changed her diaper "Y/N" Aaron said quietly, I was rocking Grace and I just stared at my husband. "I really am sorry." "Tell that to Jack." "I will. I'll take two weeks off of work so you can do whatever you want." "Two weeks is a lot of time" I said placing Grace back in her crib, "You're my strong, intelligent, loving, and gorgeous wife. You earned it. You, my love, are an amazing wife and ever more amazing mother." He said ardently kissing me. I still woke up early to make Jack waffles like I told him, but for the next two weeks I slept in as long as possible. One of the days I woke up and went into the living room to see Aaron and Jack were playing Mario and the twins crawling over a tired Aaron because Grace had been fussy all night and he got up every time. I obviously took a picture of it, it was adorable. While Jack was changing the game, I sat next to my husband, "You are so cute" I tell him, "You're cuter." "No, our kids are" "I think I can agree with that. I love you baby" Aaron said, "I love you too" *Kiss* "Ewww" the twins said, "Gross" Jack added. I giggled and Aaron kissed me again, I rested my head on his shoulder Hazel crawled into my lap and Issac crawled into Aaron's and somehow Jack wedged himself between Aaron and myself. I love my family.

Was this good? Haley could never
💖💜💙