Chapter Twelve

The sound of snoring caused me to flutter my eyes open.

The room was silent except for the sleeping sounds of the boys, the television had turned off on its own.

From my position on the couch I could see Michael on the arm chair, a blanket over him as he curled up into a ball. On the opposing sofa Calum and Luke were laying down, their heads on opposite ends, both of their mouths parted slightly.

On the sofa where I was, I could feel Ashton's arms wrapped around my waist, my back to his front as I laid between his legs. My arms were cuddling Ender who was next to me, his childlike snores escaping his lips.

This was what serenity was. Falling asleep with some of my favourite people with me and being at utmost peace. I couldn't fight the smile that was playing on my lips.

I felt Ashton shift behind me and I quickly closed my eyes. Ashton slipped his arms out from under me and I frowned at the loss of warmth but I could feel his muscles flex and knew he was stretching before he wound them back around me, pulling both Ender and I closer to him.

Ash let out a breathy chuckle through his nose and I felt a light kiss being pressed into my hair.

"Pretty girl." I heard him barely whisper and I snuggled my head into his side "in my sleep", just so I could hide my idiotic grin.

The next time I woke up, the soft sounds of voices and clatters of dishes filled the space.

"Does she like coffee or tea?" I heard Luke ask quietly.

"Tea." I heard Ender answer. "There's a box of Lady Grey in the cupboard on the left."

I adjusted my head where it rested and felt a hand slowly brush over my hair, tucking it behind my ear.

"Okay what about waffles or pancakes?" Calum asked.

"Pancakes definitely." Ender answered again.

"How does she like her eggs?" Calum added and this time someone else answered.

"Scrambled."

Ashton's voice came from above me and I remembered that I had fallen asleep on him, he must still be laying on the couch with me.

I stirred again and heard Ashton chuckle.

"Are you awake, baby?" He cooed and traced my cheek with his fingertips.

I nodded against his chest that was being used as a pillow and he giggled.

Slowly I raised my head and looked around.

Calum, Luke, and Michael were moving around the kitchen doing various things and Ender sat at one of the bar stools, a glass of orange juice on the counter.

"The guys wanted to make you breakfast." He explained and I nodded before rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"That's nice, thank you." I gave them a sleepy smile.

"I was about to wake you up anyways, you have work today missy." Ashton teased me and I swatted his chest lightly.

I untangled myself from the blanket and Ashton's arms and stood up, catching a glimpse of myself in a mirror on the wall.

My hair was a mess and makeup smudged across my cheek.

"Oh god!" I flung my hands over my face. "I'm going to take a shower I'll be right back."

I slipped away from Ashton's view and jogged up the stairs.

The shower was hot and fast as I scrubbed away the makeup and conditioned my hair.