Chapter 48

Ashton's PoV:

I closed my bedroom door, leaving Carter regrettably behind me, and made my way to the kitchen where my mother was on her computer and phone, looking like the world had ended.

"What is it?" I asked and took a seat next to her on the bar.

She turned the laptop in my direction and my eyes flitted about the screen. She was on Twitter and looking at a picture of me, her, Carter, Ender, and Gracie.

"Of course." I sighed and pulled it closer to me to get a better look.

"Ashton, this is not good." She ticked her tongue and shook her bead.

A fan had gotten a picture of us walking down the street when we were shopping; my right hand interlaced with Carters and Gracie in my left arm, holding onto me. Carter had her free hand placed on Ender's shoulder his mouth open as he was saying something and my mom was on his right.

The caption on the photo said 'Ashton and family, April 13.'

I clicked on the replies underneath and started to read down.

'who is she?'

'OMG the daddy Ashton feels are real'

'is that his girlfriend?'

'Mystery girl again!!'

I kept scrolling, not even bothering to read the really rude ones.

"You know we're going to get photographed at the zoo tomorrow. No matter how much security and body guards there are, they're still going to get photos." My mom said and I sighed.

"I know that, but I just can't tell her yet."

"Ashton, there's not just one, but two children involved now, and one of them calls you dad...how do you think that holding out on telling her any longer is going to help."

"I just need a time when I can get her alone and tell her."

"What about Saturday night then, don't you have that special evening planned?"

"Yeah, but I'm not going to drop the bomb on her then."

"Ashton...I love you, but I don't know how much clearer I can say this. Either you tell her or someone else will."

I sighed deeply and went back to looking at the photos and comments again.

'Guys, he obviously doesn't want us to know about the relationship if he hasn't said anything'

'I hate her already'

'He doesn't follow her on Instagram or Twitter'

'Literally who is she?'

'Poor Ashton girls!'

I shut the laptop lid, not wanting to read anymore and went to my email on my phone, reading a screaming email from my manager.

Michael had sent me a text as well with the link to an article that I opened.

5 Seconds Of Summer  fans around the world are crying in their bedrooms right now because one of the band members might be taken. 5SOS drummer Ashton Irwin (20), has been spotted around the Sydney area several times with the same tall brunette that fans are now calling "Mystery Girl".
The first photos surfaced of them in Irwin's jeep, though fans can't be sure because she and the little boy who fans speculate to be her brother had their heads turned away in the blurry shot.
More photos of the maybe couple appeared outside of Sydney's St. Vincent hospital after Irwin and band mate Michael Clifford, rushed back to Sydney mid tour for what Irwin said was a family emergency.
In the photo he was clearly seen kissing the girls forehead as the supposed little brother stood next to Irwin's mother and another mysterious girl and boy were behind them.
Now fans are on the edge searching for answers on who she is since she is not a known celebrity, nor does Irwin or any of the other band members follow her on any social media platforms. New pictures surfaced today of the duo walking along Sydney's streets, Irwin and "Mystery girl" holding hands while the drummer carried a little girl in his arms as well.
No response has been made from 5SOS or their family about who the girl is, but rest assured Ashton girls, if she's just a fan then maybe your time will come.