Chapter 63

I awoke to the sound of seagulls crying outside my window and the feeling of a hand moving slowly up and down my back.

Opening my eyes, I was met with the black fabric of Ashton's tee shirt and the sight of my engagement ring sparkling in the light as my fingers clutched the cloth of his shirt.

Tilting my head up my eyes connected with his, a warm blush settling over my cheeks.

"Morning." He said, his hand still caressing my back.

"Good morning." I said, a smile coming to my lips. Blushing heavily, I turned to hide my face in the space between our bodies.

"Nope, you don't get to hide from me now." He chuckled and lifted my head up, dragging my body upwards.

"Come here." He pulled me into his lap, putting his hand on my face so I had to look at him. "I love you." He smiled so brightly it was dazzling.

"I love you too." I giggled and he ducked down to press his lips to mine.

"So when did you get it?" I asked him, holding my hand with the ring on it in front of my face.

"Yesterday. After I cried my eyes out like a little boy, I decided to get my act together and went to that little jewellery shop on Main, picked this out and came over here." He answered, squeezing my body tight.

"It's so pretty. What made you choose it?"

"Because, you're an old soul. And this ring is an antique and when I saw it I knew it was the one."

He was he most thoughtful person I had ever met.

"Thank you."

"Anything for you." He kissed me again, making my head spin.

"So are we keeping this between us or whats the plan?" I leaned back so my back was to the wall and my legs in his lap.

"Well, I think we definitely have to tell the kids and my mom, and the boys probably. Do you want to tell Ari?"

"I need to, she's my best friend. I was supposed to talk to her yesterday and didn't, and if she finds out that I'm engaged from a magazine cover she might actually kill me." I laughed.

"Deal. Well then I guess you and I have a few phone calls to make."

"I guess so." I smiled and got out of bed to throw on some new clothes and go downstairs.

It was Saturday so I didn't really have much planned for the day except for that I had to fix the antenna on the ship, so today was basically free for us to make our announcement.

Once the kids were downstairs and sitting at the bar while I handed them their plates Ashton gave me a look as if to say "let's tell them now."

"So we have something to tell you two." I said and they both looked up at us.

"Are we getting a puppy?" Gracie asked and Ashton and I busted out laughing.

"We already have a puppy Gracie." I laughed. "But uh, Ashton and I are now engaged." I said, not even trying to fight the smile on my lips.

"See, I told you she'd say yes!" Ender exclaimed and reached across the counter to high-five Ashton.

"Wait, you two talked about this?" I asked.

"Yeah, when I came back to the house I asked Ender if it would be okay if I asked you to marry me and he said yes." Ashton smiled at me.

"You're married?" Gracie piped up.