Chapter 83

Ashton's PoV:

"Okay Gracie, it's time to say goodbye to Mommy." I said to the little girl who was skipping around the room with her Olaf in her hand.

She ran around the sofa and over to Carter who was waiting with open arms to hug her.

"I'm gonna miss you." Carter pulled her into her embrace, tucking the little girls head into her chest. "Be a good girl for your Daddy and Ender."

"Yes Mommy." Gracie said and Carter moved back so she could give her a kiss.

"I love you." Carter smiled.

"Love you Mommy." Gracie gave her a kiss back and then skipped over to me.

Carter came forward and hugged Ender as well.

"I love you, be good for Ash." She said and he hugged her back.

"I will." He promised and she kissed his forehead before moving onto me.

"I wish I could go with you." She wrapped her warm arms around my back while I pressed her to me.

"I wish you could go too. I know it's only for three days but I'm gonna miss you like crazy." I buried my head in the crook of her neck.

"Me too. This will be my first time ever by myself."

"We'll be back before you know it. I promise you."

"I love you." She said and squeezed me tighter.

"I love you too." I moved back so I could kiss her, feeling her lips against mine.

"You'll call tonight?" She asked when we had broken the kiss.

"You bet, and in the morning."

She nodded and I lightly squeezed her waist before unfortunately letting her go.

Carter grabbed Gracie's teddy bear backpack and put it over the little girls shoulders, caressing her cheek before pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Bye you guys, I'll talk to you later." She stood up and waved lightly as I opened the front door.

"Bye love." I said and Ender waved at his sister before Gracie skipped out the door and Ender ran to chase after her.

The door closed behind me and I followed after the two kids, smiling softly as I watched them play around while we made our way to the jeep.

Once we were there I got Gracie in the back, Ender sitting up front with me and I drove out of the lot and towards the ferry.

I turned on the radio and Ender and I laughed while Gracie danced in the back seat and then we got on the large boat, turning off the car so we could start the two hour ride to Sydney.

It was around Gracie's nap time so I wasn't surprised when she fell asleep, and it gave me a chance to have some quality time with Ender.

"So be honest, is it weird having me be engaged to your sister?" I asked him.

"No. I actually like it. Carter was really sad after our parents died, and you've made her happy again." He smiled at me.

"She makes me happy too. I know it might not be for a while, but one day you're going to find the girl of your dreams too, and you'll understand how your sister makes me feel."

He nodded.

"So speaking of girls, is there any special someone at school you like?" I asked.

"Well, there's one girl named Chloe who's nice."