Chapter 69

Since our town only had like three restaurants, Ashton pulled up in front of Martha's Diner, just like on our first date.

He came around and opened my door for me and we headed inside, the place surprisingly empty on a Friday night.

"Hello Carter, it's nice to see you." Ms.Martha waved at me and I smiled at her.

"It's nice to see you too. How are you?" I asked as I went around the counter to hug her.

"I'm well. You look lovelier than ever, are you doing alright?" She hugged me back.

"Yes. I actually got engaged." I smiled and she took my hand to look at my ring.

"Oh it's so beautiful! Congratulations!" She gushed and I stood there happily.

"Thank you."

"It's nice to see you happy again." She said sincerely.

I nodded and then joined Ashton to get a table, having the entire restaurant to choose from, but he chose the same one we sat at on our first date.

"Deja vú much?" I laughed and he shrugged.

"I told you, today was going to be like a first date all over again, and you can get to know the side of Ashton you don't know as well."

"Deal. But before we go into that I want to apologise for today. I didn't want you to see me like that." I frowned.

"You're quite scary when you're angry. And I've only heard you curse like once before; you were pissed." He laughed. "But you had every right to feel that way. No one should be treated like that, especially not you."

"Thank you." I blushed.

"Okay, now ask away." He smiled and I sat back in my seat.

"Alright, when did you start playing the drums?" I asked my first question.

"When I was 8, but I didn't really get serious about it until the boys asked me to join the band." He responded.

Even though he had only answered one simple question I already felt like I knew him better, this was the part of our relationship that was missing.

A soft smile appeared on my face.

"So how did you join the band?" I asked.

"Michael sent me a message on Facebook asking me if I wanted to try out to be in their band and I went over and did and then I was in." He shrugged.

"So is it scary playing in front of all of those people, I feel like I would be terrified." I said.

"At first it is, but then you remember that all those people are here because they love the music and it becomes more fun than scary." He smiled.

"So when you moved to London, what was it like?"

"It was fun." He grinned. "We were recording and rehearsing and it really felt like we were becoming a band."

"That's cool." I smiled and he sent me a wink.

Ms. Martha came by for our drink order and I continued to ask him question after question.

It seemed the more I asked the more I created and I wanted to know everything, burning every answer he gave me into my brain.

When our drinks came back I took a sip of my water then asked something I had been wondering since I had read up about him online.

"So you write songs too?" I asked.

"Mhmm." He nodded. "I write by myself and then I also co-write with the boys and a few other people from other bands."