Chapter 97

Ashton and I headed up to our room after Gracie was tucked in bed and began to change into our pyjamas.

"So can I ask you a question?" Ashton spoke as he took off his shirt.

"Yeah." I sat down on the bed, putting my hair into a ponytail.

"Why did you never go to university?"

I froze.

I knew Ari and Jason we're going to bring this up to Ashton at some point. I thought they were going to do it when we had dinner together for the first time but they hadn't so I had assumed they'd  forgotten.

"I knew Jason was going to tell you." I sighed, dropping my hands in my lap.

"Well why didn't you tell me? Carter that's freaking amazing!"

He grinned at me, obviously excited.

"It's not nice to brag." I shrugged and he rolled his eyes.

"Carter, come on. This is something to be proud of. Baby, that's incredible. CIT, Oxford, Stanford; those are the top three schools in the world!" He exclaimed, still very happy.

"I know that." I told him before crossing my legs up on the bed.

"Why didn't you go to Oxford?" He asked me, looking at me in disbelief.

"Because I wanted to stay here with Ender and run the business like I was supposed to do."

"So you can go on tour with me but you couldn't go to Oxford, one of the top three colleges on the planet?" He emphasised his words to make his point.

"Well at the time I would've gone I wasn't engaged nor did I have a four year old daughter." I gave him a pointed look.

"Exactly." He said. "Baby you are smart, you're really freaking smart, and I think you need to
do something with that. Follow your dreams."

"Dreams change, Ashton." I folded my arms across my stomach.

He crossed the room and came over to sit on the bed before pulling me into his lap.

"Tell me about your dreams." He murmured and I looked up at him before sighing.

"Well, when I was five I wanted to be a princess-" I began and he flicked my ear causing me to smirk.

"Smart ass." He rolled his eyes and I kissed his jaw. "Now tell me."

"Well until my parents died I wanted to go off to university, I didn't really have any destination in mind, but once they died I wanted to stay here, I had to stay here." I said and he nodded.

"And now?"

"Now it's that I want to get married to you, and work the business, have babies, and grow old with you." I leaned my head back against his shoulder.

"I like that plan." He moved his head to kiss me.

I kissed him back before sliding out of his grip to change into my own pyjamas.