Chapter 61

This morning I woke up pressed so closely to Ashton that it was like I was a second skin to him.

He was still fast asleep, but it was before my alarm was supposed to go off and I was surprised I was even awake.

We had stayed up late last night with our talking and then make out session. But even in my dreams I couldn't stop thinking about the whole Ashton situation and it was my persisting thoughts that woke me up.

Out of boredom I began to trace little circles and patterns along his chest.

Yesterday had been the first decent day I had had since I'd found out about Ashton (sans Ender's little outburst).

Despite the situation we were in, I was adding this night to my favourites list.

I didn't expect him to give such a long monologue when I'd asked him to tell me what he loved about me, but I was so glad I had.

He had said so many wonderful things that had me smiling like an idiot inside, but I didn't care.

And after I had kissed him last night I knew I was on the path to forgiving him. I wasn't going to yet, first I wanted to go on the date with him so that I could learn more about who he was when he wasn't with me.

I wanted to also ask him the lingering questions I had about why he had lied to me in the first place. He said he was protecting me, but I couldn't see it.

Ashton shifted in his sleep and I stopped the movement of my hand.

"You don't have to stop." He whispered in his gruff morning voice and I smiled, continuing my finger drawing.

"Morning, baby." He said sleepily as he stretched his arms up and then dropped one back down around my back.

"Good morning." I said back looking up at his face.

"How do you feel?"

"Better than I have the past few days." I answered.

"Me too." He gave me a smile.

"I'll go start the coffee." I sighed and rubbed his chest before going to get out of bed. Closing my bedroom door behind me, I left Ashton in my room and padded down the steps. Not moments after I had started the machine, Gracie was up in my arms.

Ashton came down a few minutes later, rubbing at his eyes.

"Remember, they can't know you slept over." I reminded him and he nodded, fixing his hair in the microwave window.

I poured his coffee for him, and he pressed a kiss to my cheek as he took a seat at the bar.

In her sleep Gracie moved and accidentally pulled my ponytail.

"Ow, Gray." I whimpered and adjusted her in my arms and Ashton gave me a weird look.

"Gray?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know, I thought it was a cute nickname." I shrugged.

"Isn't Gracie already her nickname?" He chuckled.

"Shut up, it's a double nickname." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"No I like it, it's cute." He smiled.

"Would you fix my ponytail for me?" I asked him and he stood up, taking ahold of my hair. I felt him lightly move it as he retied the hair and tightened the ponytail. When he was done he lifted the ponytail and started to press kisses on the back of my neck starting at the bottom and making his way to the top.

"Ashton." I pulled away and gasped with wide eyes because Gracie was still holding onto me.

He just smirked at me and took a seat back at the bar.