Chapter 68

I was awoken by the sound of my alarm, reaching behind me to turn it off quickly. Opening my eyes I found myself still immersed by love.

My arm was wrapped around Gracie who was cuddled into my side, her face pressed to my chest while Ender was next to her, his back to hers as he snoozed away.

Ashton was facing me, his back against the wall and his arm stretched out over all of us.

Smiling happily I let out a content sigh and then removed my arms from around Gracie so I could get up.

I gasped at the pain in my sides as I did so, stopping my moments and holding my sides, scrunching up my face from the hurt.

Forcing myself to move I went downstairs to take another pain pill and then start the coffee.

Gracie toddled downstairs and I lifted her up, carrying her around the kitchen while I got things ready.

Last night I had gone to sleep feeling miserable about coaching, but I had awoken with a new attitude. I was going to make those boys respect me whether they liked it or not. Today at practice I was going to be ruthless. I wasn't going to take their crap anymore.

I was starting to make pancakes for breakfast when Ashton came down stairs, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Morning babe." He yawned and poured himself a cup of coffee.

Coming up behind me he pressed a kiss to my neck, and then rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Do you feel better?" He asked me softly.

"Much better. Thank you for last night, I needed that." I turned my head so I could kiss him properly.

"Me and the kids wanted to be there for you. We're a family, and family is always there for each other." He wrapped his arms around my middle.

"I love you." I leaned back into him.

"I love you more." He smiled his brilliant smile and I pressed a kiss to his jaw.

He took Gracie from me while I finished making pancakes, waking her up by tickling her sides.

Ender came down from my room as well and we all sat at the bar to eat.

"I forgot to tell you, the guys are coming in to town today. I think Cal wanted to come to the practice." Ashton said.

"Oh okay. That'll be fun. Maybe he can help me out." I smiled.

"I'm sure he'd like that." He beamed up at me. "Did you call Ari?"

"Oh crap, I forgot. I'll text her now." I rushed to get my phone and ask her, apologising for such late timing.

'I'd love to! Do they want to spend the night?' She replied.

"Do we want to overnight our date?" I asked Ashton.

"I like the sound of that." He winked at me and I let out a little laugh, replying yes to Ari

"Okay all done." I smiled and finished eating my breakfast.

Finally I got dressed and ready and so did everyone else, and Ashton brought us up to the school, but this time he was going to stay the entire day.