Chapter 98

Ashton's POV:

Our alarm going off made me whine as Carter turned it off and rolled out of the bed, careful of the little girl between us.

"Do we have to?" I mumbled.

"Yes, get up." She yawned. "We have a lot to do."

I got out of the bed as well and followed her downstairs where she made us coffee while I went over to the suitcases and opened the tops.

I sat down on the floor in front of the big suitcase with my name on the tag and began to put the stack of clothes and other personal items inside.

Carter brought me my cup of coffee and then sat down on the floor next to me, putting her new clothes and old clothes into the suitcase.

"I'm exhausted." She very cutely yawned again.

"Me too, but we'll have plenty of time to catch up on sleep on the plane." I placed a now stack of black skinny jeans in the suitcase after Carter had gotten on to me that wearing the same two pair over and over again was basically gross and had made me get more while we were out shopping.

"Oh great, you're going to be all snoring on the plane and people are going to look at us."

I widened my eyes as I looked at her.

"Okay finish your coffee before you keep talking." I told her in a mock snippy tone and she sarcastically blew me a kiss before going back to folding her new shirts.

"So this party tonight, it's nothing big right?" She asked me.

I had told her about the party last minute in order to hopefully make sure she didn't freak out over nothing.

"No it's small. It's just a going away party for the band. It will just be family and friends at Calum's house. Nothing to worry about." I assured her.

"Okay." She sent me a smile.

We packed for a few more minutes until we heard two pairs of feet coming down the stairs and Gracie and Ender walked into the room.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Gracie called out when she didn't see us in the kitchen.

"We're over here!" I said and they both came over, Ender sitting next to Carter and leaning on her.

"Can we have bacon with breakfast?" He asked her and she told him yes before getting up to start cooking.

"Ender start packing your suitcase for me please." She instructed him and he began to make trips up and down the stairs with his clothes to start packing them.

I put on cartoons for Gracie and went to help Carter with breakfast after handing Gracie her sippy cup.

"You guys might want to see this." Ender came over and told us as Carter and I had just finished cooking and we followed him over to the suitcases where Gracie was now curled up inside of mine, asleep.

"Oh my gosh." Carter giggled.

"That's hilarious." I laughed quietly and got out my phone.