Chapter 15

"Okay on the count of three. One...two...three!" I heard the click as the camera on Ashton's phone took a picture of Ender and I in front of the Christmas tree.

"Now one of you two." I switched spots with Ash and gave them a second to situate themselves.

Ashton stood behind Ender, his hands his shoulders and they both shared the biggest grin I had ever seen.

"Smile." I sang and then snapped the picture.

"I want one of us." Ashton requested and I happily obliged, handing off the phone to Ender.

I sided up next to him and felt him put a hand at my waist. We both smiled and let Ender take the photo.

"Wait one more." Ashton said eagerly and I looked up to question him when he captured my lips in a kiss.

A click sounded and he pulled away.

"Couple moment." He grinned and I blushed profusely.

"Look how cute we look." He awed over the photo. "I'm setting that as my new background."

"Send them to me." I poked his hand and he grinned before doing so.

I noticed his change in demeanour when he glanced up and his shoulders slumped.

"Oh wow it's already 5." Ashton gulped as he stared at the clock.

The day had gone by entirely too fast. After we had opened presents I had made lunch and then the three of us played with Enders new toys.

The boat that was set to take Ashton back to mainland departed at 5:30.

"You better go then." I frowned.

He nodded and stood up from his spot on the floor.

The other guys had gone home yesterday to spend Christmas with their families so Ash would be travelling back alone. When I asked him why he didn't spend Christmas with his mom he said that he would make up for it when he got home. Part of me felt guilty inside for keeping him from his family on such a major holiday but then I remembered that he made the decision himself, I didn't make it for him.

We stood by the front door as he went to leave.

"See you in a week, mate." Ashton gave Ender a high five and messed up his hair teasingly.

Ashton turned towards me and our eyes met. I noticed his bottom lip jutted out a little more in a pout.

"You just said so yourself, it's only one week." I reminded him.

"I know." He sighed but pulled me into a hug anyways.

I allowed myself to revel in his warmth and scent, the aroma of ocean and cologne filling my nose.

"I'll let you know when I get back to Sydney." He murmured into my ear and I shivered.

"Alright."

He pressed two fingers under my chin and lifted my face up so that he could attach his lips to mine.

His lips were soft and tasted like my honey Chapstick that he had borrowed from the kitchen counter where I had left it.

They melted against mine perfectly and sweetly. But all too soon oxygen slipped away and we were forced to breathe again.

"See you in a week." I smiled softly.

"One week, 7 days." He smiled slightly as he promised and pecked my lips once more.

I waved as he reluctantly backed up and began to make his way to the dock, adjusting the grey hoodie he was wearing.

Closing the door I sighed and then retreated to the kitchen to pour myself a drink. My phone dinged on the counter behind me, indicating I had a text.