Chapter 27

"Okay, now slowly press on the gas."

A sudden forward jerk of the car sent Ashton's hand to the steering wheel and a gasp flying from my lips.

I quickly put the car in park and let my face fall into my hands.

We were parked in the middle of his street in front of his house and I could see Ann watching from the front window.

"You'll get it." Ashton assured me from the passenger seat. "It just takes practice."

I nodded and huffed before putting it in drive and ever so slowly pressing on the gas pedal.

My hands griped the wheel so tight that my knuckles were turning white and my hands were clammy.

"Good." Ashton praised as we rolled forward. "Gradually keep pressing down on the gas." He instructed.

I drove about thirty more yards before I came to a stop sign and practically brake checked us through the windshield.

"Sorry! Sorry!" I apologised profusely in my slightly embarrassed and frustrated state.

"Slow, Car, go slow." Ashton corrected me and I nodded before continuing.

Ashton had me drive around the block a few times before we took the car back to the house. We parked in the driveway where he went over the turn signals, windshield wipers, gas and mileage. He then had me practice backing out onto the street and back up the drive before he parked the jeep in the garage.

I had gotten used to braking and I wasn't scared to press on the gas anymore in our short lesson but to me that was a victory.

"For your first lesson you did really good, Car. I'm proud!" Ashton gave me a side hug as we walked through the door to the living room.

"Michael's mum just called and I'm going over to her house while you lot watch movies." Ann announced as we stepped into the room.

"Alright." Ashton nodded as he went and grabbed a drink from the refrigerator.

"Carter, if you'd like to come have wine with me instead of hanging around with the rowdy boys you can." Ann offered with a laugh.

"Hmmm..." I jokingly pondered, playing along and Ashton chuckled beside me.

"Stop trying to get my girlfriend drunk, mum." Ashton rolled his eyes and Ann smacked his arm.

"I'm just giving her the better alternative." She shrugged and I laughed.

"I'll give you a call if I change my mind." I winked at her and she grinned while Ashton pouted in the corner.

Ann gathered her things and gave Ash and I a hug goodbye. Ender was still asleep and I knew that I would wake him up a few minutes before the boys got there.

I helped Ashton make some snacks and gather up all of the pillows and blankets in the house and spread them on the floor.

The guys were supposed to be here at eight so I woke Ender up at 7:30, knowing he would never go to sleep again that night.

Michael and Calum burst through the door as I was taking a bowl of popcorn out of the microwave. Immediately making themselves at home by grabbing a beer from the fridge and plopping down on the sofa.