Chapter 71

I felt weird.

My body was stiff and rigid and when I tried to move I couldn't; I was too weak.

Then I felt it, a searing hot pain in my head. It was like a migraine on steroids.

I wanted to cry out because of the pain but some part of me couldn't muster up the strength to do it.

Then set in the confusion.

I didn't know why I felt this way and suddenly I was overwhelmed with a sense of pain, panic, and fear.

Not knowing what to do I began to silently cry.

I was aware of the tears in my still closed eyes and the whimpers that left my lips but sounded so far away.

"Car, Car baby, you're okay." I heard a voice. It was Ashton's voice.

This made me cry harder.

"Wake up baby, open your eyes." He said and I felt something warm on my face.

Slowly I dragged up my eyelids, light hitting them harshly and I shut them quickly.

"It's okay." He said to me, and I tried again.

This time my eyes stayed open and I began to frantically scan my surroundings.

"Hey, Car." I heard Ashton say and I followed the sound of his voice, looking up to my right where he stood above me.

His eyes were full of worry and a concerned smile was on his lips.

Still confused, my eyes fluttered around figuring out quickly that I was in a hospital. That fact alone shot panic right through me.

I was still crying because I didn't know what was happening and when I figured out where I was I began to cry harder.

"It's hurts." I managed to get out, shutting my eyes.

"What hurts baby?" Ashton asked me.

"My head." I whisper cried.

"Is she okay?" I heard someone who I thought was Ann ask.

"She's in pain and she won't stop crying. Get her nurse." Ashton said and I felt his thumbs moving across my cheeks.

Suddenly his hands were gone and a colder set of fingers began to touch the skin of my arm until I felt the sharp pinch of a needle pierce my skin.

I whimpered at this but a few moments later I felt a bit more relaxed, then slowly felt the pain begin to fade away. I turned my head to the side, my eyes closed and exhaled.

I stayed that way for several minutes until I knew I wasn't crying anymore and I couldn't feel the throbbing ache in my head, and opened my eyes again.

Ashton was still standing next to me. His face even more concerned than before.

"How do you feel?" He asked me and when I opened my mouth to speak no words came out.

I closed it and cleared my throat.

"What happened?"

My voice was barely a whisper.

"You have a concussion and you had a seizure, well nine of them actually." He said and my eyes furrowed.

"What?"

"Do you not remember?" He asked me.

"No?" I shook my head against the pillow.

I began to search around in my head for memories or any recollection of having a seizure and couldn't.