Chapter 85

Ashton's PoV:

That night once we got back to my moms house, Carter called us.

"Hi." She said, her voice sounding a little tired but still cheerful.

"Hey baby." I smiled into the receiver. "How was your day?"

"Uh, long." She answered. "What about yours, how were the kids?"

"Good. Gracie had a little melt down at the radio station when I was backstage but she was great other than that. She fell asleep during the magazine interview. Ender was good too, he's really interested in the job."

"That sounds like fun." She said.

"It is. I love getting to share this with them, I just wish you were here too."

"Me too. Maybe next time."

"Definitely next time." I smiled.

"I miss you and the kids." She said and heard her sigh.

"We miss you too."

"Yeah." She breathed. "Well I'm literally exhausted so I'll call you tomorrow."

"Okay," I said happily, "I love you."

"I love you too." She said before we hung up, and I could picture the little sheepish grin on her face.

I left my old bedroom and went to the living room to get Gracie so I could get her in the bath and then to bed, falling asleep cuddled up to my kids again.

Morning came all too soon and Gracie clung to me like a sloth while I made coffee and then woke up Ender so he could shower.

While Ender showered I dressed Gracie in a dress similar to the one she wore the day before except that it was baby pink with a white bow and trim instead of navy blue.

I had her hair in two French braids again and tied the little bows around the ends.

After I was dressed I made breakfast and helped Ender decide on what shirt to wear before we left in the SUV to head to another radio station to do the same thing we had done yesterday.

"Daddy I wanna talk to Mommy." Gracie said to me from her car seat.

"Okay, let's call her." I smiled and pulled my phone from my pocket.

The phone rang four times before it went to her voicemail.

"I guess she's already at Aunt Ari's but she'll call us back." I told Gracie and she nodded.

I pulled up my texts and sent one to Carter.

'Call me back when you get the chance, Gracie wants to talk to you. Love you.'

We arrived at the station and just like the day before we took photos with the fans waiting outside before we went in.

"Ashton, can you show me how you sound check?" Ender asked as we made it to the live room and I smiled.

"Sure mate. Let me get Gracie set up and then I can show you."

I had her sit in the back and she got out her other colouring book that I had packed for her and began to colour again.

"Okay End, follow me." I led him up to the little stage and showed him how every instrument was plugged in and had him stand next to me while John got our levels in the sound board.

"That's so cool." Ender exclaimed once we were done and the boys and I smiled at him.

I fixed Gracie a sippy cup full of juice and we went to go get interviewed by the host of the  radio show we were on.