Chapter 47

The blaring of my alarm at 5:30 in the morning had Ashton reaching over me and slamming his hand down on it.

It had woken me up but I didn't want to move even though I knew I had to. We were leaving on the ferry at 8:00 so we could get to Ashton's house by lunch time.

"Babe, we gotta get up." Ashton muttered and I closed my eyes even tighter.

"Five more minutes." I mumbled and he graciously held me for a little longer until I was forced to get up.

I practically stumbled down the stairs to start the coffee maker and was of course met with Gracie's soft arms. Managing to keep her up in my tired state she fell right back asleep in my arms.

I could hear her breathing in my ear as I poured myself my cup of coffee and attempted to wake myself up.

Ashton came downstairs, fully dressed and made himself his coffee and took Gracie from me so I could go get changed.

I woke up Ender after I was dressed and had him get in the shower so I could get Gracie in the bath afterwards.

Gracie woke up more when she was in the bath and I got her all scrubbed up and clean and used my hairdryer to dry her hair and then my moms old curling iron to curl it into soft waves and then styled it into a half pony tail.

I dressed her in her pink leggings, black tutu skirt that Ashton had bought her, and a white shirt he had got her as well that had silver sequins that made a G on the right corner pocket.

Gracie brought a pair of combat boots with her when she came here that were a lot like mine so I put those on her as well.

She ran downstairs all dressed up and showed her outfit to Ender and Ashton.

"You look very pretty." Ashton beamed at her.

I had Ender get Bears bag ready for Ari to come pick him up later on today while Ashton and I finished packing Gracie's bag and then moved onto mine.

He threw his shaving kit and charger into his already packed suitcase that he had worked on yesterday and brought the three bags down to the stairs. Ender had me double check his bag and then Ashton brought it downstairs with the others and started carrying them out to the jeep while I started on breakfast.

Several stacks of pancakes and plates of scrambled eggs later, everyone was ready to go.

Ender took Bear for a walk one last time and I had Gracie use the bathroom and hold onto Mr. Carrots and Olaf as we walked to the car.

Ashton had our tickets in his wallet and we made it to the boat just in time.

He parked the jeep on the car deck and then we got out to go sit on the benches so Gracie could see the water.

"Daddy, how old are you?" Gracie asked randomly, swinging her little legs from the bench.

"Twenty." He answered.

"How much older?"

"Sixteen years."

"Woah!" She gasped and Ashton snorted a laugh at her reaction.

She got bored quickly like most children do so Ashton downloaded a few games on his phone for her. I couldn't help but catch a glimpse of his screen saver as he handed it over to her which used to be the picture of me and him kissing in front of the Christmas tree but was now one of me holding Gracie while smiling down at Ender who was making a funny face to cheer up the little girl.

I interlaced my fingers with his and we watched Gracie play a baking game until it was time to go back to the jeep.

Ari sent me a text to let me know she had picked up Bear and to have fun in Sydney.