Chapter 70

Ashton's POV:

I had spent my day with the guys just like Carter had encouraged me to. I'd be lying if I said she wasn't right about me needing to spend time with them, but I still missed her.

Michael, Luke, Calum and I had gone surfing and then hung out at the house they were staying in, drinking a few beers and messing around on our guitars.

Around 8:00 at night after we were done eating and I was making my way to the fridge to grab another beer, my phone rang from my pocket.

I took it out and when I saw Carters contact name I smiled, answering the call.

"Hey baby-" I began but was cut off by someone shouting.

"Something's wrong with Carter!"

"Ender?" I asked, my eyebrows raising up.

"Something's wrong with Carter! She won't wake up!" He shouted.

"What?"

"She won't wake up!" He yelled again.

Immediately my blood ran cold.

"Okay, I'm on my way. Stay on the phone with me okay?" I told him, my heart racing. I wasn't drunk but I had sobered up quick.

"What's wrong?" Calum asked me as I ran to the counter, snatching my wallet and keys.

"Somethings wrong with Carter, she's not waking up." I said frantically and ran out the front door to my jeep.

I jumped in the front seat, Calum running behind me and jumping in as well, his flip flops in his hands.

I sped out of the lot and onto the main road, heading towards her house.

"Okay Ender, tell me what happened." I pressed the button to put the call on speaker phone.

"I don't know, she was fine one minute and then I heard a noise and she was lying on the floor not moving." He cried.

"Is she breathing?" I asked him, struggling for breath myself.

"Yes." He said and I sighed in relief.

I heard crying in the background.

"She's going to be okay Gracie." I heard Ender say and I slammed my foot on the gas, getting to the lot in record time.

"I'm here End." I said and hung up, Calum and I running at top speed down the docks.

I slammed myself into the front door as I flung it open, my eyes widening at the scene before me.

There she was, my everything, laying on the floor. Her eyes were closed and her head lolled to the side. Her legs were bent at an awkward angle and her body was rigid.

Ender was on the floor next to her, his eyes panicked and his face contorted into one of fear.

Gracie was standing with her back pressed to the back of the couch, her thumb in her mouth as her eyes watered.

I moved forward and got on my knees, my eyes scanning the room to see a laundry basket halfway up the stairs, its contents spilled across the floor.

She had fallen.

"Carter, can you hear me?" I said clearly, my fingers going to her throat to feel her pulse, it was there but it was distant.

And that's when her body began to shake. At first I thought she was waking up but then I noticed her eyes still closed and her body jerking harshly. She was having a seizure.