Chapter 81

Ashton's PoV:

I woke up to an empty bed in my new home.

My home.

I still didn't feel real that I was now living with Carter. I mean I was practically already living here anyways, but now it was official.

It sounded so trivial, but the fact that now she and I could get our mail together, and pay bills with both of our names on the envelope, and pay a mortgage together excited me.

We were two engaged adults, living a life with each other.

My eyes glanced around the bedroom that was now mine and Carters to share.

The walls of the room were painted an aquamarine colour, the floor a light wood with her bright blue rug covering the floor in front of the bed.

The dresser we shared was against the wall by the door, Gracie's baby pink and white toy chest next to it.

The walls were pretty sparse except for a few white framed sea shell pictures, a mirror, and then the window.

I turned over in the white sheets, my eyes landing on the nightstand where last night we had found a picture frame and put our engagement photo in it.

Smiling, I closed my eyes, listening for noises downstairs and stretched before getting out of the bed.

After getting dressed I fixed my slept on hair in the mirror and then headed downstairs where Carter was already awake and so were the kids.

"Morning." I said happily as I tromped down the stairs.

Carter turned around to smile at me while Ender nodded and Gracie ran towards me.

"Daddy!" She grinned as I bent down to catch her, the little girl wrapping her arms around my neck and I put my arms around her before pulling her up.

"Hey there princess." I kissed her cheek, her brown eyes shining. "Did you sleep good?"

She nodded, smiling before hugging my neck again and I laughed.

I loved this little girl, I really did.

I moved her to my side, her legs around my stomach while I supported her back and carried her over to where Carter was standing.

Leaning down I gave Car a quick kiss, her lips soft as always, and then she handed me a cup of coffee.

Taking a few sips I set it down before heading into the living room to turn on the television for Gracie.

"Cartoon cartoons cartoons!" She yelled happily, pointing towards the living room as I walked and I laughed at her silliness.

Once the cartoons were going and she was sitting on the sofa with her sippy cup, I went to sit at the bar.

"Okay so we have a lot to do today and I need you guys to add what you want to the grocery list." Carter passed Ender and I the yellow notepad and we took turns writing what we wanted.

She added a few things for herself and Gracie and then set it to the side.

"So what's all on the agenda for today?" I asked her.

"Well, you have to call your management to get everything taken care of with them, then we need to go to the grocery store, bank, post office, and call our mortgage, water, electric, and phone bill companies to get all of that straightened out." She read off a list she had written down.