Chapter Four

The sound of seagulls crying outside the window woke me up. It was still dark outside. Had I woken up before my alarm?

That's when I realised I wasn't in my bed. My body was angled differently and my neck hurt slightly.

Along with the sounds of seagulls and waves I heard two separate sets of snores. Two?

I shot up and looked around me.

I was on the couch in the living room. On the opposite side of the couch was Ashton, sleeping peacefully.His curly locks were covering his face like a curtain and the army green jacket he was wearing the previous night was wrinkled. His feet with the shoes still on were propped up on the coffee table. In between us was Ender, his body sprawled out across the little sofa and his cute snores echoing throughout the room.

How did we all fit throughout the night?

I looked behind me at the clock on the wall in the kitchen. 6:30.

Oh. No.

I jumped up from the couch and bolted up the stairs. My feet seemed to be floating.

I yanked open my closet and dresser drawers throwing on clothing. I rounded the corner to my bathroom after I was dressed and turned on the faucet, brushing my teeth and then raking my brush through my hair. I threw my hair into a messy bun and then took off back down the stairs.

I ran past Ashton and Ender, still fast asleep and out the front door, running to the shop.

I pressed the on button for the radar and tapped my foot as it slowly loaded. The map appeared on the screen and I blinked as the colors spotted the screen. There was no red or orange so I took that as a good sign . I ran to the front room and pressed the on button and let the old computer roar to life, drumming my impatient fingers on the desk.

As soon as it awoke I typed in the password and pulled up the information for the first tour.

They would be here in 20 minutes.

I grabbed the boat keys from the desk drawer and then jogged out the front door, taking off down the dock.

I leapt over the steps of the boat and bounded up to the bridge.

I stuck the keys in the ignition, turning them and let the boat roar to life. I flipped on the lights and ventilation before running below deck to check pressures and levels.

After that I ran back up deck and back over the edge of the boat. I jogged back to the shop and through the front door.

I went to the computer and began typing in the information for the tour, my thoughts beginning to wander.

How could I have let this happen? I should have told Ender no television last night and we wouldn't be late this morning. And I let a boy that I barely even know sleep on my couch? Oh my god.

But I had to admit that was the cutest thing I had ever seen. Ender and Ashton asleep were so adorable. They both looked so happy and peaceful. I decided to let Ender sleep in because I knew he was tired.

I sighed and ran my hands over my face.

The bell rang over the door and I put away my tired face and put on my cheerful one.

It was going to be a long day.

-

By the time I drove the second boat in I felt like I was dying.

I hadn't had time to eat breakfast so with my lack of sleep and food my brain wasn't functioning properly.

Thankfully the water woke me up but swimming around drained more of my energy and it was becoming more and more difficult to keep myself alert.