Chapter 73

Ashton's PoV:

"Okay Gray, let's go get some groceries." I smiled at the little girl as I unbuckled her from her car seat.

I held her hand as we walked across the little parking lot since there was no street parking available, and set her in the child's seat of the cart once I got one.

I let her hold onto the list and listened to her try and sound out the words as I pushed the cart through the store.

"Alright Gray, help me pick out some apples." I told her and she clapped her little hands together.

"Daddy get the red one!" She said as I began to put a few into the plastic bag.

"They're all red Gracie." I laughed.

"This one!" She pointed to a particularly more red apple.

"Okay, okay." I chuckled as I put the apple into the bag.

"Okay, tell me what we need next love bug." I said and she tried to sound out the word bananas.

I got bananas, lemons, and some oranges for myself before continuing.

"Oh look Gray, Mommy put strawberries on the list just for you." I said excitedly and like any other excited four year old, Gracie opened her mouth in a gasp, wiggling around in her seat.

I continued to push her through the isles getting what was on our list when I turned onto the baking one and came face to face with a group of teenage girls.

There were about five of them, and one of them gasped when she saw me, tapping one of the other girls on the shoulder.

Before I knew it they were all looking at me and Gracie.

"Hello!" One of the girls said and waved her hands.

"Hi." I said back, not entirely knowing what to do. "How are you guys?"

"Good." They all answered. "How are you?"

"I'm doing alright." I said.

"Is Carter okay?" A tall brunette asked me.

"Yeah. She's at home recovering and resting up." I smiled. "Thank you for asking."

"Tell her we hope she feels better soon." Another girl piped up.

"I will. She'll be really happy to hear that." I nodded at them, and it was true, Carter would.

I could tell Car was still nervous about being liked by fans so I knew their words of kindness would go a long way.

Gracie had turned around to see who I was talking to, and one of the girls waved at her.

"Hi Gracie." She smiled and Gracie turned back around towards me, reaching over the handle bar of the shopping cart to hug my stomach, hiding her face.

"Aw." All the girls cooed at Gracie and I smiled, looking down at Gracie and softly petting her hair.

"Can you say hi, Gray?" I asked her and she shook her head no, moving the fabric of my shirt with her head.

"She's just a little shy." I said to the fans and moved my hand to the back of Gracie's head to comfort her by running my fingers through her hair.

"So are you all from around here or did you come over from Sydney?" I asked the group of girls. I actually loved getting to interact and meet our fans because they were the reason our band continued to make music.

"We're from Sydney but we came here for a dance competition." A girl said.

"Ah cool. Good luck to you guys. So how are you enjoying the island?"