Chapter 90

"Okay, we are going present shopping for Mothers Day, we'll be back in a bit." Ashton said as he stomped down the steps with his phone in hand.

"Okay." I smiled, looking over the back of the couch.

"Love you." He leaned over to give me a very lovely kiss that left a tingly sensation throughout my body even after we had broken the kiss.

"Love you too." I smiled at him and he sent me a wink.

Gracie skipped around the sofa to hug me before going back over to Ashton who was grabbing his wallet and keys.

"Bye." I waved as Ashton, Ender, and Gracie walked out the front door.

Since they were out shopping I decided to get a few things done around the house.

I headed upstairs and gathered all the dirty laundry from the baskets to start washing.

After that I did the dishes and then cleaned out the refrigerator and pantry.

Once that was complete I decided to take advantage of the alone time and let myself relax. I turned on the cooking channel and lounged on the sofa, scrolling through the apps on my phone to pass the time.

On Instagram I didn't see much since I only followed six people and I switched over to Twitter instead.

Ashton's account was a hub of activity as always and I began to scroll down the page looking at everything.

A ways down I came across an update account that had tweeted out a link to an article, saying it was about Ann talking about me and Ashton.
Ashton had mentioned something about that the other day and I figured I might as well read it.

ASHTON IRWIN'S MOTHER SPEAKS OUT ON HER SONS SUDDEN ENGAGEMENT

Everyone is still abuzz about Ashton Irwin's quick engagement to his fiancé Carter Chase after the couple dated for only five months.

Many of  Irwin's friends have spoken about his new love interest, his band mates complimenting Carter over and over again, but many have been wondering about his mother's, Ann Irwin, opinion on her son getting engaged at the age of 20 after only knowing the girl for a few months.

We were able to sit down with Ann who gave us the tell all scoop on Ashton and Carters romance.

:When did Ashton first tell you about Carter?

-Ashton called me one day at the beginning of summer while he was on holiday with the boys, and he called and said 'Mom I think I've found the love of my life.' And I was like 'Oh that's great, I didn't know you were dating.' And he goes 'I'm not, I  just met her today.' I just kind of laughed at him and told him that he needed to get to know her first before he could say that, and he called me two weeks later and said 'I've asked Carter to be my girlfriend and she said yes. I've got a really great feeling about this, I think she's the one.' And I kept telling him to wait a little bit but he was so insistent and seemed so excited and I couldn't help but be excited for him as well.

: When you met Carter, what was your first impression of her?

-Before I met Carter I didn't know a lot about her. Ashton had only told me that she had a little brother named Ender and her parents had passed away when she was little and she had cared for her brother on her own. He said she ran a business and was a bit shy but was the sweetest girl he had ever met. I had talked to her several times on the phone before she came to visit us in Sydney with Ender but didn't know what she looked like or anything. So when I first saw her I could totally see why Ashton was attracted to her because she really is a beautiful girl. But my first impression of her just by us having dinner together, just her and I, was that she was a very strong girl and very mature for her age, at the time I met her she was 18. She had been through a lot but was very humble and sweet, she is also very intelligent and funny. She had it all and I could so see that Ashton had chosen an amazing girl.