Chapter 49

My natural body alarm clock woke me up at 5:30 which had me reeling since I stayed up so late waiting for Ashton to come back.

I had felt him move me last night and tuck me into him but other than that I never woke up and fell back into unconsciousness.

His warm front was pressed to my back and his arm was loosely draped around my waist which made it easy for me to slip out of his arms and the bed.

I put my hair back in a ponytail and snatched the black button down he had been wearing yesterday to put over my tank top clad shoulders.

Leaving his room I made my way to the kitchen and started the coffee maker, hoping Ann didn't mind.

I heard the creaking of a door down the hall and soon enough Gracie walked into the kitchen looking as if she was sleep walking.

"Baby, why are you awake?" I asked her softly as she of course came to me with arms outstretched, ready to be held.

She said something that sounded like"I heard you." and then fell right back asleep on my shoulder.

I walked around the kitchen and living room area, rocking her slightly, and would take occasional sips of my coffee. Stopping by the glass windows in the living room I looked outside at the grassy backyard with Calum's footie goal still set up and the sun peaking up over the horizon.

Gracie was warm as I carried her around the two rooms in circles, waiting for everyone else to wake up.

Finally Ann's bedroom door opened and she walked out to the living room, smiling when she saw Gracie and I.

"Good morning." She smiled, obviously still a little tired. "She's up early." Ann nodded her head towards Gracie.

"She does this every morning." I smiled and followed her to the kitchen where she poured herself a cup of coffee, thanking me.

Five minutes later Ashton and Ender entered the kitchen, both groggy.

I noticed Ann watching us as Ashton came to kiss my head then take Gracie from me so I could go shower, a proud and adoring look in her eyes.

After I had showered and changed into black shorts and a white tee shirt, I came back to get Gracie ready, but she was still asleep.

Ashton tried to wake her up gently by bouncing her up and down but when that didn't work he had to tickle her sides until she started to squirm and wiggle, opening her eyes.

He handed her back to me and I took her back to the guest room and dressed her in the outfit she had picked out which was a dress with the top part being a faded yellow with one inch length sleeves, and the skirt of the dress was white and poofed out slightly.

She wanted to wear her black boots again but I had to tell her no and put on her white sandals instead.

Next I took her to the bathroom where I fixed her braids from where she had slept on them and then she sat on the counter while I finished getting ready myself.

Using the curling wand I borrowed from Ari I curled my hair into waves that were more controlled than my natural ones.

Ashton walked in on this part so he could start to shave and get himself ready.

Pulling out my makeup bag I started to apply some concealer which was always strange for me since I rarely wore makeup.

"Mommy, is that makeup?" Gracie asked me and Ashton looked up.

"Yes it is." I answered and moved onto my eyelashes.

"Why are you wearing it?" She asked again.