Chapter Five

I leaned back in the deck chair as I listened to the tour group chat below me. I could see the buoy that marked our destination. I sat up and steered the boat across the water, dropping anchor a few meters away.

The sun was warm and bright and shined down on my skin, tanning it slightly more.

As I walked down the white pearly steps a strong wind blew my hair.

This was a small group of four, all very polite women in their thirties.

"Okay are you ready?" I asked with a smile.

"We are!" They said excitedly.

"Alright so i'm going to attach your oxygen tanks and then we can get into the water." I announced.

They all stood up and I attached their tanks one by one.

"Okay, so now we are going to sit here with our backs to the water, lean back and then your good. If you don't feel comfortable going backwards you can go in feet first." I explained.

"We're no wimps." One of the women said and I laughed.

"Alright then. I'll go in first." I dove backwards into the water, letting the ocean surround my body.

I could feel the women jump in after me and they began their exploration of the reef.

I had this reef memorized by now. The coral, the fish, the urchins, it was like my home under the water.

I watched carefully as the women swam around in the water, exploring every inch of the reef. They each had underwater cameras and were taking pictures of all the wildlife. I smiled softly.

I looked above me to see the bubbles floating around me. Swimming up slowly to the surface, I sat on the edge of the boat, watching the group kick their feet around in the water.

After a while they came back up and I drove us back to the harbor.

"Have a lovely day." I said as they left the shop.

I leaned against the desk and rested my head in my hands.

By the time Ashton had left last night it was 1:30 in the morning and after all the time it took me to calm myself down enough and actually fall asleep it was 2:00.

The door chimed and I lifted my head. Ender ran into the shop with Mrs. Rodriguez walking behind him.

Ender ran straight to me and hugged me around my thighs.

"Hey, how was last night?" I asked as I smoothed his hair with my hand.

"He was a joy. We had dinner and played games, it was fun." Mrs. Rodriguez smiled.

"Yea we played monopoly and I beat her twice!" Ender said exclaimed.

"Oh I see." I laughed. "Go take your things in the house, we have another charter in a few minutes."

"Okay. Bye Mrs.Rodriguez!" Ender waved and then ran out the back door.

"Thank you so much for watching him last night." I smiled and gave her a hug.

"Of course." She smiled. "I have a feeling I will be seeing more of Ender soon." She winked.

"Oh um." I blushed.

"Ender couldn't stop talking about Ashton last night. He has taken quite the liking to him and his friends." She smirked.

"Yea, he's uh a real charmer." I laughed.

"Well, don't let him slip away then." She winked again. "Alright darling I have an appointment so I will be seeing you later."

"Bye!" I waved.