Chapter 64

After I had succumbed to the feeling of Ashton's head between my thighs, we had made love against the shower wall. The feeling was still new and exciting and I didn't want that to ever go away.

When I awoke this morning I was topless under the sheets, Ashton's bare body pressed flush against mine.

I had to basically roll him off of me so I could get out of bed and put on clothes to start this fine Sunday.

There was still a tingling sensation throughout my body that didn't go away for awhile, leaving me to revel in the presence of Ashton's love for a long time.

Ender and Gracie got up at around the same time, Gracie in my arms and Ender getting Bear ready for his morning walk.

He came back in and I started on breakfast, pouring them each a glass of milk which Gracie only drank half of.

"Gracie, finish your milk." I said, turning to the fridge to grab a carton of eggs.

"Uh-uh." She shook her head.

"Come on Gracie, it's good." Ender tried to help but she wasn't having any of that either.

"Fine, you're not leaving the table until you finish your milk." I shrugged and she whined.

Ashton came down the stairs a few minutes later (fully dressed I might add) and Gracie immediately threw me under the bus.

"Mommy won't let me leave table." She said and Ashton quirked an eyebrow at me.

"I told you, once you finish your milk you can go." I said to her.

"Your mom's right. You need to drink milk to grow up big and strong." Ashton explained to her.

"But..." She whined again.

"Gracie." Ashton gave her a semi- stern look and she grabbed her cup, finishing the rest of her drink.

"Thank you." I said and lifted her off of the stool and onto the floor where she immediately ran off to go play.

"Nice job." Ashton and I high-fived and I finished cleaning up the kitchen.

Since it was Sunday I was using the opportunity to get chores around the house done while Ashton had to go check out of the bed and breakfast and then come back to do some work things.

I was sitting on the couch folding laundry when I heard Ashton sigh loudly at the bar.

"Damn it."

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I have to go to Sydney tomorrow. I completely forgot we have a radio interview." He said, dropping his face into his hands.

"Oh." Was all I said.

I really didn't want him to leave, I mean we were still getting past the lying situation and we just got freaking engaged.

But this was the life I had chosen to live when I agreed to get engaged to him, and this was just one of the downfalls.

"I can try to get out of it, but I can't promise anything." He said and I shook my head.