Chapter 82

Ashton's PoV:

Carter got the movie onto the screen and took a few more sips of her wine before setting it down on the coffee table and laying down so her head was in my lap.

I grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch and laid it over her since she was literally always cold.

Carter obviously enjoyed this movie because I could see the light in her eyes as it started and smiled while her lips moved as she mouthed the words to the songs.

She was a dork, but she was my dork.

My hand rested on her stomach as I watched the movie with her, which mostly was me watching her watch the movie, or really just watching her.

Finally the main song of the movie came on and Carter began to turn her head from side to side with the beat of the song as she mouthed along the words but I swore I could hear her quietly singing.

Carefully yet quickly I set down my wine and pulled out my phone to video her.

"Just one look and I can hear a bell ring.
One more look and I forget everything, woah." She sang a little louder, still moving her head around.

"Mamma mia, here I go again
My my, how can I resist you?
Mamma mia, does it show again?
My my, just how much I've missed you." She continued to sing and at the last line she turned to point at me.

I burst into laughter.

Carter threw her head back, giggles escaping her, the action absolutely adorable.

"You're such a nerd."

She continued to laugh.

I set down my phone and placed both hands on her face before leaning down and pressing my lips to her forehead, her eyes looking into mine.

"Hmmm." She hummed. "Come lay down with me."

"Alright." I smiled.

She sat up so I could lay down and then cuddled herself into me.

I used the armrest of the couch as a pillow while she used my bicep.

"You know what I think is funny?" She asked and I could see the wheels spinning in her head.

"What?"

"The fact that you honestly just came here for a vacation and one day came to my shop, and that same morning I woke up just to go to work and we met, and then here we are five months later...engaged, living together, we have a daughter...life is just a funny thing."

"I know what you mean." I smiled.

"I just never would've thought that one day my life would be like this."

"I knew."

She turned her head to look at me.

"I knew from the very first day I met you, that you were going to be the girl I married."

"No you didn't." She scoffed playfully.

"Yes I did." I retaliated, keeping up my smile.

"Whatever." She continued to giggle.

"I did. I saw you and thought to myself, that's the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with, and I'm going to do whatever it takes to get her."

She rolled her eyes.

"Your eyes are gonna get stuck that way." I teased.

"Good." She poked out her tongue at me.

"Alright so we need to pack tomorrow and then we'll leave the day after to go to Sydney." I told her.