Sanemi x Reader

The madness was going to kill me before the demon ever did. Stumbling along the night forest path to hell, my thoughts stretched and sliced my surroundings. Irrationality gripped my senses, refusing to free me. These chains of sickness kept me from sanity. Flowing from one idea to another, never sitting too long in one place. Whatever poison was in my system was spreading through my body, drowning me from the inside out.

I didn't worry however, the demon was dead so how harmful could this aftershock be? Bursts of giddiness were my answer, laughter taking me by surprise once I realized it came from myself. Robes and mind in tatters, I tried to pick up my pace hoping to find my demonslaying partner. We were separated but he couldn't have gone too far.

Trudging in circles I was vaguely aware that I was in no shape to actually accomplish anything. Leaning against a tree in exhaustion my knees trembled and my breath turned ragged. Sweat rolled down my face and along my neck, staining the collar of my uniform. My sword slipped from my loose grip and clattered on the ground making me flinch.

Clutching my stomach as a new pain arose, I doubled over coughing and clutching onto the tree for dear life. Burning lungs and scabbed throat, I didn't fully register the pain. It was a blurry feeling, a phantom of pain that I was barely aware of. My body seemed to be reacting on its own without my mind being attached. Stars and spots danced across my vision in explosions of color.

I felt a smile on my face despite my predicament. The bite wound on my shoulder was definitely infected, where the poison was injected. My hand flew up to press against it, a new burst of pain erupting from the contact. I hissed and retracted my hand instantly.

A wave of dizziness sent my trembling body to the ground right alongside my sword. Gasping and giggling, I felt my mind take a turn for the worse. Darkness invaded my thoughts and body, a cold sense of dread. The laughing abruptly stopped, replaced with hollow tears. Spasms shot through my pain filled body. White glazed my vision while drool slid past my lips slowly.

Somewhere in the back of my poison induced mind, images of my demon slayer partner flashed. Dark scars traced his body, slashes along his face and downward across his chest. Wind swept pale hair and deep indigo eyes that seemed to bore into my soul. A muscled, lean body I was all too familiar with. A deep laugh and an intense gaze. What was his name again?

Shadows fell over the memory, tightening through my body with a renewed purpose. Bitter coldness seeped from my insides out. I couldn't remember his name. His touch was a distant feeling like the lasting warmth that resides after the sun has set.

In the distance a twig snapped; someone seemed to be stumbling toward me. I tried my best to alert the approacher as a small grunt sounded from me. The person's footsteps sped up with a gruff voice calling a name. The haze in my brain refused to connect the sound of the voice and the name with this feeling of recognition.

Someone stopped right in front of me, lowering themselves before scooping my limp body up gently to hold against them. My head attempted to turn to my saver. What I saw triggered a sense of deja vu. I knew this person but how? The sun in my mind was setting, I was forgetting who I was.

"What the hell happened?!" I flinched softly, gazing up at the white haired beauty that glared back. I lifted my trembling hand to graze the scars along his face, his eyes widening in shock.

"Heh...I have, have no...clue what's..." my mumbled sentence trailed off quietly. My tongue refused to work along with any coherent thoughts. The boy holding me gripped my body harder, making me gasp in pain. His expression looked pained but I was the one bleeding internally, kinda rude of him.

"Stupid boy," he uttered softly.  His eyes scanned my body intently, narrowing at my shoulder where the hub of my pain seemed to be coming from. He propped my body against the tree before sliding my uniform over my head, exposing the flesh. Cold tears streaked another trail down my cheeks.

The male looked at me sadly before moving forward to kiss my face soothingly. I didn't pull away from the familiar stranger, I didn't have the strength or the want anymore. He turned his full attention on my shoulder, gently tracing the area around what I presumed was a gash. He used his other hand to rummage around in his haori.

His actions became increasingly desperate till his hand withdrew with a bottle. Quickly uncapping the container with his teeth, he tilted its liquid contents onto my shoulder. The stinging sensation shocked my system to its core.

He quickly covered my mouth as I screamed in agony, body thrashing in defiance. He peppered my face with light kisses as he massaged the liquid into my gash further.

The cold in my body seemed to slow to a stop before retreating altogether leaving behind a warm impression. I shivered at the change as my screaming subsided. Screwing my eyes shut and leaning against the body in front of me, I braced myself for the poison to be fully expelled. The clenching of my stomach released, my breathing evened out and slowly the sun of my memories began to shine again.

A scarred body, rough hands, intense eyes and the love of the familiar stranger in front of me, holding me tight and kissing me softly. "Sanemi?" I choked out.

He kissed my forehead moving along down my nose and stopping right before my lips. I shakily moved forward as he pushed me further against the tree, his lips clashing against mine roughly. I whimpered at the sudden action to which he slowed down. My shoulder ached and my head felt internally bruised but being suffocated by Sanemi's affection was a pleasurable pain, one I've had experience with handling.

I was still weak but I pushed against Sanemi with my remaining strength. He pulled away slowly as I caught my breath.

"Sorry," he mumbled. I grinned lazily and let my body collapse onto his lap. He chuckled softly and helped me rearrange to a better position, my head laying on his thighs. He leaned back against the trunk of the tree and proceeded to run his fingers through my hair. I hummed back, letting my eyes begin to close.

"Did you already kill the demon?" he inquired gruffly. I sleepily nodded in response.

"He didn't stand a chance," I yawned back. He tightened his grip on my scalp making me growl out. I glared up at him to find him glaring back.

"You were foolish. You could've died so don't get cocky now," he scowled. I stuck my tongue out at him. His grasp loosened and went back to soothing my scalp. I sighed in content.

"You're one to talk," I retorted. His lips found mine once again cutting off my sentence. He pulled away for a split second.

"Shut it," he whispered before pushing back onto me. I loosely wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He pushed further, my shoulder throbbed in protest. I squirmed at the pain as Sanemi lifted off of me with a huff. I pouted at him in confusion.

"You're too weak right now, fragile brat," he stated, sitting up and pulling me onto his lap again. I nodded in understanding as I resumed laying in his lap. He rubbed my back in soothing circles as my eyelids grew heavy. Sleep was nearing my consciousness.

A different darkness entered my mind, this one kinder and more welcoming. I embraced the call of sleep as I drifted off, Sanemi protectively sheltering me while tracing soothing patterns along my back and shoulders. I smiled and slipped into unconsciousness happily.