Akaza x Reader

Thanks @Local_Skeleton32 for the request!
———

My eyes were supposed to be focused on the trail ahead but they couldn't seem to pull away from Akaza as he walked by my side. Our hands were intertwined between us, my fingers squeezing his gently. He looked stoic and calm from first glance but if you knew what to look for like I did, you would be able to tell he was a bit flustered in the way a light blush accentuated the stripes along his face and the tension in his bare shoulders. I probably didn't look much better as I gazed at him lovingly.

"The clearing should be up ahead if I remember it right," Akaza pointed out quietly, his voice surprisingly meek for the way he carried himself so often. I couldn't help chuckling to myself softly, squeezing his hand once. His shoulders rose higher as his face darkened. He didn't even dare look at me as if that would make him explode on the spot. I decided not to push it by teasing him further...is what I would say if that were true.

"I still can't believe you asked me out on a date this time. Usually you just wait for me to ask you," I smiled slyly at him, leaning in a bit to watch him panic. His eyes widened, his head swiveling in order to glare at me but the gesture was weak considering the wonderful blush he had. I winked at him knowing perfectly well what I was doing. He wasn't naive to think that I was just casually poking fun at him without being aware of my actions.

"This isn't a date! We're just seeing some fireworks," he shouted out in defense. I rolled my eyes before pulling him closer to me, my arm sliding around his waist. He came to a stop as his whole body froze against mine. From this angle, I could see clearly the embarrassment and bashfulness in his eyes that shone brighter than the moon. It might sound cliche but I knew I could get lost in them if I stared too long.

"It seems to me that we're on a romantic stroll through the forest. You can't deny the way you're looking at me right now," I whispered, smirking as I leaned closer to him. On instinct, his hand came up between us to stop me from advancing. I only pressed my face against his palm gently. "C'mon Akaza, this was clearly a way for you to show your affection to me."

"This just happened to be an essential path we had to take. That doesn't mean the walk here was romantic," he stated with an annoyed tone though his expression gave away a different range of emotions. I chuckled again, pushing closer against his hand that no longer was forcing me away but rested gently on my face. I wasn't even sure he noticed the way his thumb brushed the corner of my mouth before I pressed a kiss to his lips.

"Wait, I wanna see the fireworks. I don't want to miss them," Akaza mumbled against my lips, his voice shaky and almost a whine. I sighed but didn't immediately pull away, allowing myself to bask in his gentle affection for a moment longer before I eagerly grabbed his hand again to pull him behind me along the forest path. If Akaza wanted fireworks, I'd do anything to make sure he got them. It would also put him in a good mood so I could take advantage of his pleasant emotions later.

"Whatever you want my prince. Whatever you want," I smiled over my shoulder, loving Akaza's swooning expression.

~~~

Laying back in the grass with Akaza pressed against my side was the way I wanted to spend all of my nights. My fingers twirled his short hair appreciatively, every now and again pressing my lips against the side of his face just to remind him who he was here with in case he forgot as he watched the fireworks bursting in the starry sky. The wide eyed awed look he wore was almost enough to kickstart my dead heart again. I couldn't help hugging him closer just to feel the warmth sparking between us that battled with the cold breeze.

"You're so pretty, it's not fair," I whispered into his ear, pressing my forehead against his temple in longing even though he was already in my arms. He tilted his head to look at me with a flustered smile that he tried to hide at the last moment, thankfully too late. Sighing, I dragged my hand down his back to latch onto his waist. He tensed up before melting into the touch right as another firework lit up the sky, effectively dragging his attention away again.

Normally I might've felt jealous that Akaza's attention was divided but considering my competition was something that brought light in the darkest of places, I guess I was alright. Pressing another kiss to his face, I felt my whole body shiver as he turned his head to catch my lips with his. Humming happily, I held him gently in my arms and moved slowly to savor each moment that went by with the fireworks basking him in the colored light, his hands on my chest and the softness of his skin brushing on mine.

"I love you more than anything in this world Akaza," I whispered breathily. He pulled back to look at me with his familiar blush and welcome flustered smile that made me swoon. He cupped my face lovingly, leaning back. A firework set off at that moment and I could never forget the way the light hadn't compared to the shine of his eyes trained solely on me.

"And I love you more than that," he whispered back.