Rengoku x Reader

Thanks @Rengoku815406 for the request!
———

Dear Brother,

I met this really nice man the other day! He works at the restaurant down the street, the one you used to eat at all the time. I was going to help out the owner for some spare money and I found out about this new worker that happened to have a shift at the same time I was there. He was really kind and I think you'd like him. He kinda reminds me of you, he's strong and fierce with a nice smile. It kind of makes me miss you. I was hoping that maybe you could come by for dinner sometime and I could also invite my new friend, y/n! Maybe you two can become friends as well, I feel like you both would get along. I also really want to see you again and figured this would be a great time to catch up.

Awaiting your response and with love,
Senjuro Rengoku

Rengoku smiled at the letter, feeling both amused and longing to see his brother again. It has been a while since he's stopped by for more than a few moments and it was clear they had some catching up to do considering the new friend he had made was all too familiar to Rengoku. He chuckled to himself as a plan unfurled in his mind to lighten up the mood once he was there.

"What's that? A letter?" another man questioned, looking over the flame hashira's shoulder in curiosity. Rengoku willingly allowed the man to read over the message, smiling further as he watched the man smirk knowingly. They flashed each other a conniving wink that meant they both understood what sort of mischief they could make during this encounter.

"Shall we visit your little brother then?" the man offered, whispering into Rengoku's ear. The hashira straightened up in anticipation of seeing his little brother again but also for the chance to play this little trick. After all, Senjuro didn't know the crossover of his favorite people had already been made. He was about to find out though as Rengoku and the man prepared for a night out at dinner.

~~~

Y/n POV

I adjusted my bow tie out of habit, fixing my hair as well to make sure I looked halfway decent. When I spotted Senjuro's smiling face, I felt myself grin as well. He was such a sweet kid and I knew he meant well for this dinner with his brother. When he jumped into my arms, I eagerly spun him around in the air before setting him back on the ground to see his eyes practically sparkling.

"I'm so glad you made it! Kyojuro should be here any second now. He always shows up on time, he's practical that way," Senjuro beamed happily. His chest puffed up in pride whenever he spoke about Rengoku and it brought me joy. The two brothers had this sweet relationship that made my heart melt. A part of me was even a bit jealous that their connection ran so deep in a way that I didn't have.

"Well I'm ready to meet him, little squirt," I ruffled his hair affectionately, biting my tongue to hide my laughter. It might've been wrong to trick a little kid but Rengoku and I couldn't help this little deception. It was a nice way to eventually tell him of our relationship anyways. We both promised to tell him after dinner was over if he didn't figure it out by then. It was going to be impossible to hide my chuckles throughout the whole meal though.

I was already close to exposing myself when Rengoku knocked upon the door and walked in looking much too beautiful for his own good. Senjuro eagerly jumped into his brother's arms who hugged him tightly as I once again felt that flutter in my heart. How did I get so lucky to know such wonderful people? It was a true blessing to see both of their kindness shine so brightly like a blazing fire.

"And this must be y/n. It's a pleasure to meet you," Rengoku bowed to me, one of his hands grabbing mine to press a sweet kiss along the back of it. I was practically swooning at the gesture but tried to hold myself together to pretend to be strangers despite the thudding of my heart. It was hard to ignore these feelings though when Rengoku was looking at me so longingly.

"I feel like I've seen you before, from perhaps a dream," I smiled at him warmly, fighting back the delightful shivers that tried to break through as his lips grazed my skin softly before fully pulling away. He definitely wasn't going to make ignoring our relationship for the sake of surprise very easy if he kept it up like this. I was almost tempted to spill the tea to Senjuro just so that Rengoku wouldn't have any excuse to tease me anymore. This was going to be the longest dinner I've ever had.

~~~

Throughout the entire meal, Rengoku and I went back and forth with subtle flirting that left Senjuro oblivious to our connection. We kept conversations light hearted and brief, the food silencing us the rest of the time. During our more adventurous gestures against each other, I even ended up leaning across the table to wipe a piece of rice from the corner of Rengoku's mouth which left him nearly glaring at me in a warning manner. It didn't seem to stop him from taking my hand in the middle of a conversation so that he could admire how it felt to intertwine our fingers.

Senjuro remained clueless until Rengoku swallowed his last bite, concluding dinner when we both erupted into laughter. The younger of the two brothers stared in confusion between the two of us, not understanding whatever joke was shared between us. It only made me laugh harder until my ribs ached and I couldn't manage to breathe right. Rengoku wrapped one of his arms around my waist to pull me closer to him as he beamed at his brother happily.

"Funnily enough, y/n and I have known each other before you sent me that letter about your new friend. We're actually lovers," Rengoku explained, his head leaning on my shoulder with a sigh. I curled my own arm around his shoulders before pecking his cheek like I've been wanting to do the whole night.

Senjuro took a moment to let the information sink in until he also broke out into a wide smile, ambushing the both of us with a hug that made me warm and happy. Rengoku and I held him in a small cuddle, all of us laughing softly at the antics of the whole night. I had sort of expected Senjuro to not like the relationship I had with his brother but by the way he clung to us lovingly, I couldn't have been more wrong.