Tanjiro x Reader (Part 2)

Thanks @yyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu for the request!
————————————————————————

That fateful day when I managed to finally confess how he made me feel, Tanjiro has made my life brighter in any way he could.  It started with holding hands on that mission that felt so long ago, a small action that still left me flustered. 

I was willing to forget about the whole ordeal after that day but Tanjiro thankfully continued to keep me close.  It wasn't until a few weeks ago that he proposed an agreement for us if I was willing to try.  He suggested that, if I was comfortable with it, I could become his boyfriend.  I was easily flustered before but my heart nearly exploded that day and of course I said yes...after shutting down for a bit. 

If there was anyone I could see myself with for the rest of my life, it was Tanjiro.  He made me feel seen and cared for, as if I truly mattered while managing to set my heart alight.  No one else had that ability but him and I would've been foolish to turn him down. 

Now I wasn't sure what to do with myself whenever Tanjiro showed me any sort of relationship related affection.  He was willing to go slow for me, only holding hands now and again or placing a quick kiss to my cheek when I wasn't expecting it.  I usually short circuited during those moments and it made me wonder what would happen if he ever gave me a true kiss. 

Even the thought made my face erupt in heat.  It made me wonder how someone as perfect as him could hold so much affection and patience for me.  Either way, I was grateful to have him in my life and didn't plan on giving him up anytime soon now that I had him. 

Even though I was satisfied with taking things slow between us, I started to increasingly wonder what our first kiss would be like.  The thought would randomly pop into my head and once it was there, it was impossible to get rid of it.  He'd be gentle of course, maybe even slow and sensual.  Maybe he'd place his hands on my waist or around my back or maybe even cup my face to keep me from pulling away. 

All the scenarios left me a flustered mess with no way of truly knowing.  There was only one way to find out for sure but did I have enough confidence to even ask him?  All I wanted was for him to show me himself what that kiss would feel like.

~~~

"You're daydreaming again, aren't you?"  I jolted at the interruption, my face warming as I looked up at Tanjiro standing over me where I sat.  His eyes were bright with curiosity, a small smile on his face that made my head spin.  Who gave him the right to be so beautiful? 

"Just thinking," I mumbled shyly, one of my hands running through the grass nervously.  That reoccurring thought I've had before was plaguing me again.  There seemed to be no way of getting rid of the spark of hope that resides in my chest whenever he's near me.  It wasn't like I'd ask him outright though considering how I'd most likely stammer through the question and ruin the moment before it began. 

Tanjiro sat down by my side, our shoulders bumping as his hand held mine.  When our fingers intertwined, I held my breath in anticipation.  Even after all this time, this small action made me nervous and yet I felt so fulfilled.  There wasn't any way to deny how much I loved him. 

"What were you thinking about?" Tanjiro asked with a tilt of his head.  My shoulders tensed instantly with my face beginning to burn like it was set on fire.  He picked up on my flustered shift of emotions as he chuckled softly.  When his eyes found mine, they were warm and welcoming, as if I could spill all my secrets to him. 

Exhaling nervously, I wasn't sure I'd be able to tell him this though no matter what look he gave me.  Even though we were dating and he seemed so willing to keep me comfortable and satisfied, it still felt embarrassing to just ask out of the blue.  Although, if the kiss would be even half as amazing as I've dreamed it would be, maybe it'd be worth it to be uncomfortable for a bit. 

"Could you...do me a favor?  Even if it's awkward," I whispered, unsure.  He perked up as if helping me was his favorite pastime.  With how hard he tried to help me through anything, I began to think he actually enjoyed pleasing me in any way, just as I loved to keep him happy as well. 

"I'd do anything for you if you asked me," he whispered reassuringly.  He leaned in slightly, watching me intently as if he knew what I wanted even as I shrank back shyly.  This feeling in me grew larger and more demanding as I peered into his blood red eyes which held such care and love. 

"Can you kiss me?" I breathed out shakily.  His expression softened at once, his hand squeezing mine gently.  He shifted his body so he could face me, my unoccupied hand reaching up to his chest on its own.  I trembled at how close he was to me and how much closer he slowly became. 

"I'd love to."  His nose brushed mine as my lips slightly parted in anticipation, breath shaky.  He let his mouth hover over mine before our eyes shut and he pressed closer.  I melted into the touch of his kiss, mind hazy as he gently brought his other hand to cup my face.  I had the brief satisfaction of being right about him holding me close before he pushed slightly harder against me and all other thoughts disappeared. 

When he pulled away, I sighed as I caught my breath.  I felt lightheaded with a matching sensation of floating on air.  Nothing could bring me down, not even when Tanjiro wrapped his arms around me to cradle me against his chest lovingly.  The kiss wasn't just everything I've imagined but so much more.