Daki x Reader

Thanks @PowerKima for the request!
———

Daki POV

It took a lot to impress me and it still barely happened. Even in the Entertainment District, I spent most of my nights unimpressed by the assortment of people that graced the halls of my territory. Even when I went out on the streets in search of true beauty and talent, I found nothing but disappointment. I wasn't even sure what I was hoping to find, only that I hadn't found it yet and remained bored with the boring people I saw instead.

It turned out to be another fruitless night spent walking through the district with high expectations and poor turnouts. Everyone was either drunk, covered in pounds of makeup or severely lacking in multiple areas. I was even starting to get annoyed with the same basic patterns I saw all the time. No one had any personality or beauty worthy enough of my attention, not even the ones that purposefully tried to catch my eye. I reminded myself to kill those ones later.

Sighing to myself, I considered turning in for the night to just watch over my territory. Perhaps I'd terrorize one of the girls again just to make myself smile because this wasn't working out for me anymore. There was nothing joyous about this unattractive atmosphere, not anymore. I'd have to find entertainment and beauty somewhere else.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Gather around to see the Great Prince in all his glory! They say just a glance at him will have you on your knees and begging for his attention!" My head swiveled around to spy an announcer standing upon an overturned box with his arms spread wide. Behind him stood a bright red curtain meant for drawing attention and candle lit rooms. All of the flashiness didn't mean that the man standing behind was any good. Probably just another phony begging for a moment of popularity in a lustful district. Nevertheless, I found myself drawn in just like the other people in the crowd.

"They say he's a demon ready for another feast, his kisses lethal and his hold deadly. Some wish to be his next victim just to feel the thrill of his love for only a brief moment before the sweet release of death. Here is your prince, the one and only y/n!" The announcer tugged on a rope beside the curtains as I frowned. I expected plenty to be behind the screen but I wasn't prepared for the truth of it all.

The red curtains rose up, a young man standing confidently in the center of the stage with a cruel smile and shining eyes. I felt myself shocked at his appearance, an emotion I have yet to feel in this place activating for the first time in centuries. There was no denying that he was indeed attractive but he was also more than that. He was downright beautiful.

"Hello everyone! What a lovely night to be alive and it may become even more lovely still. I've been traveling for some time now, looking for the perfect victim to shower with my affection until I feed. Luckily, I stumbled across this wonderful place where there are so many perfect candidates," his voice resonated across the crowd, striking a chord in myself. Even from here, I could tell he was in fact a demon but the useless people around here probably assumed this was part of a show or a theme in the way several nearby women nodded their heads excitedly. He was actually looking for his next meal though and announcing it. The wolf was declaring his hunger to a flock of willing sheep.

"I am requesting that someone brave enough volunteers to satisfy my hunger. I promise I won't bite till the very end of the night when the sun rises to welcome a new day that you won't be around to witness. Until then, you have me at your command in payment for the generosity of your life," he offered with a wide smile. It was blasphemous that he was declaring he was going to kill someone but as I watched various people eagerly raise their hands, it made sense. He was absolutely gorgeous.

Without thinking, I raised my hand in hopes that he wouldn't notice I was a demon and pick me. It was ridiculous that I was even feeling this desperate to get close to him but I remained dumbfounded and eager as he paced around the stage, looking out into the crowd with interest and hunger sparking in his eyes. He was prowling around his willing victims who were practically clawing at the stage to even touch his boots.

"You there! Madam, in the back. I hope you'd give me the honor of becoming my next victim," y/n's strong voice called out as he pointed. It took me a star struck moment to realize he was pointing at me, the announcer weaving through the crowd to grasp my elbow eagerly. I didn't even mind that he was touching me as I looked at y/n in disbelief. He was about to become disappointed when he found out I was a demon as well and not providing him any nutritional value. His cruel smile told me he didn't care.

~~~

"I knew you were a demon but you were too beautiful to ignore." My eyes widened in shock as I looked at y/n sprawled across the bed with a small smile on his lips. After being chosen, y/n had scandalously walked me into the nearest building which happened to be a brothel. He had assured me that it was all for show and now he was telling me that he knew that I couldn't become his next meal.

"Yeah, well now you're left here hungry," I pointed out, leaning back against the vanity across the wall with a smirk. His gaze darkened as he pushed himself off the bed to stalk closer to me. He really was handsome and way too attractive for his own good. I didn't even glare at him as he rested his hands on either side of me to cage me against the vanity.

"Maybe you can help me catch a bite to eat then. Unless you want to satisfy my hunger yourself," he whispered enticingly. The way he spoke to me was dangerous and sent chills down my back in a way that no one has ever done before. I couldn't help my hands from trailing up his chest to rest on his shoulders before giving them a confident squeeze.

"That can be arranged."