Rui x Reader

Altered from alternate request
———

Rui POV

If I would've known who had been lying in wait out in my forest for weeks now, I would've gone out to find them much sooner. It wasn't until I had picked up on an unfamiliar scent too close to my family that made me infuriated enough to scout the area in search of the intruder. It wasn't like any of my family members were capable enough for this task anyways.

I've known for a while now that there was someone edging closer to my territory but decided to stay back and observe who it could be. The only problem was I never spotted anyone, only a lingering scent of blood on occasion. I didn't care enough to track the other demon down, instead waiting till they crossed the boundary line to make a move.

And so tonight, I walked along the outskirts of my territory, my family far behind being as useless as always. It was up to me to defend our home from a possible enemy if the need arose. Let's hope for the other demon's sake that it didn't come to that. I was in a particular mood tonight that guaranteed no survivors to those who tested my patience.

My eyes scanned the trails curling through the trees, looking for any type of movement that would give away someone or something's location. All was dead silent and still with not so much as a breeze ruffling the leaves of the trees. It was enough to nearly make the hairs on the back of my neck raise...nearly.

With a sigh, I started to turn away in surrender. If there was nothing out here to catch then this was pointless and a waste of my time. I wasn't planning on throwing my night away for a lower level demon that was hardly worth my time.

It was then though that a familiar scent drifted close, something sweet and metallic in the air. My head snapped around in alert, sensing someone nearby and yet there was no one moving along the trails. When my head tilted back in curiosity, I spotted him.

He was quick and agile as he jumped from branch to branch high in the trees. The moonlight caught his figure as he effortlessly moved through the night. I was instantly in awe of his fluid like manner. When he shifted slightly, I caught sight of his face and nearly gasped. He was the most beautiful demon I've ever seen. And he was in my territory.

I struck out with my webs, making sure not to coat him in venom as I didn't intend on hurting the demon. His eyes widened as he finally noticed my presence, shock in his expression. The surprise caused him to falter as he slid off the branch he had been holding onto.

Adjusting my webbing, I created a net of sorts to catch the demon before he hit the ground. He hit the net hard but otherwise seemed unharmed as he dangled a few feet off the ground. Stalking closer, I kept a neutral expression.

"It seems you found yourself on the wrong side of this forest," I mused with a small frown. The demon tried desperately to adjust himself in the webbing with much failure. He wore a sneer but otherwise didn't seem afraid even as we stared each other down. He clearly wasn't aware of who I was and what I could do.

"What the hell are you talking about? It's just a forest, there is no wrong side. Let me out of here," he exclaimed bitterly, tugging harshly on the net. I only watched in silent amusement, taking in his beautiful features. I didn't mind the bite in his tone, only smiling softly, something I haven't done very often lately.

"This is my territory. It's alright that you weren't aware but now that you're here you might as well stay," I stated with a tilt of my head. He went still, glaring at me with a look of intensity. It was clear that he wasn't interested in my offer. A strange dark feeling curled in my chest at the idea of being rejected by him.

"I don't know you. How do I know I can trust you or are you keeping me prisoner?" he raised a skeptical brow. It made sense that he would be wary and yet it stung me that he looked ready to rip me apart if he needed to. He wouldn't be able to of course but it was the thought that counted.

Releasing him, I began to wonder if I've gone mad. He looked shocked as well as he jumped to the ground. His eyes were wide and reflected all kinds of innocence and confusion. It made my chest clench in strange longing.

"If you want to join my family, you may of your own choosing. You will find I am merciful to obedience and expect all family members to play their roles perfectly," I explained with a cold smile. I watched him shiver for only a moment as he stood, unsure of himself. He looked over his shoulder to the dark forest beyond before looking back at me.

"What role would I play?" he questioned skeptically. I began to slightly fidget with my fingers as his attention burned through me. I already had a mother and a father plus two siblings. I didn't need anything else as far as I knew except one position. Straightening my back, I stared him in the eye.

"You'll play the role of my lover. My family will take you in as a son in law and will protect you as well as they'd protect me," I proclaimed. He seemed shocked at that as he blinked rapidly. When he looked away, I recognized the gesture as something flustered therefore making me a bit bashful myself.

"I'll do it. I don't want to be alone out here any longer," he whispered shyly. I couldn't help but smile as I turned away to walk down one of the trails. I was pleased as the demon fell in step beside me before he eagerly grabbed my hand. My eyes glanced at them to find him biting his lip nervously. Intertwining our fingers, I pulled him along to his new family.