Tengen x Reader (Part 2)

Thanks @DiaboAlpaca for the request!
———

"It was adorable the way you said goodbye to your friends as if you'll never see them again.  Nearly brought tears to my eyes."  Scowling, I glared at the direction Tengen was with all my might despite the heat rising up my neck and the fact that he wouldn't be able to see it.  He'd been constantly flirting and prodding at me the entire way to the Entertainment District even with Tanjiro and his friends there to witness it. 

They shouldn't even be here but they had stubbornly insisted on coming along to aid Tengen.  I was willing to help as well until I realized what we were going there for.  Leave it to me to forget that one of the things the Sound Hashira was known for was having three wives.  Three wives that were missing and that I had been brought to help find. 

Now I sat behind a screen with a brothel worker applying small amounts of makeup on my face before moving to mess with my hair.  Tengen sat on the opposite side, not able to see me and yet still daring to make little remarks that made my heart skip a beat as he worked with the three other guys.  My plan definitely wasn't to come here to be dressed as a girl and go undercover in a brothel but I bet Tanjiro and his friends didn't expect this either. 

The woman smiled knowingly at me as she began to weave beautiful butterfly clips into my hair with gentleness.  My eyes averted from her as my bashfulness skyrocketed.  She didn't say a word though as she continued dressing me up like her favorite doll.  Despite my flustered state, I couldn't deny that a part of me liked the feeling of being embellished with ribbons and jewels that sparkled. 

"I think we're done here, Mr. Tengen.  He's quite a sight to see," the woman mused with brightness in her eyes.  She nodded appreciatively at her handiwork before she gently took my hand, urging me to stand as she slid the screen away to show me off to our company.  I didn't even get a chance to look at my reflection but by the way Tengen and the others' eyes widened, I was sure that the mistress did her job well. 

"Well now I'm not so sure about leaving you at a brothel.  You'll have customers lining around the block to get a taste.  I know I sure would," Tengen cooed, his hand running through his hair sensually as his eyes trailed over my body with a hungry glare that made me shiver.  I shied away, my arms crossing to cover myself bashfully. 

It was then I glanced at my reflection in a nearby mirror.  I wasn't even wearing much makeup but it had somehow accentuated my beauty and with the butterfly pins in my hair, I was absolutely gorgeous.  It made me even more flustered that I was going to be left in a brothel, even if only to gather information. 

Tengen strode forward, all confidence and purpose as his arm wrapped around my waist to pull me close to his body.  His smirk was devious and full of horrible promises that had me trying to tell myself we were here to save his other wives.  It didn't stop myself from holding my breath as he leaned in to whisper into my ear.  "When we find them, my wives are going to love you as much as I do." 

~~~

"My oh my, you're even more adorable than Tengen's letters said you'd be," Makio doted, her hand moving up to play with my hair affectionately.  I practically swooned as she cradled me in her arms.  After a lengthy battle and plenty of wounds, this felt like bliss as I stretched beside Tengen and his wives.  I thought Tengen was the only one who knew how to flirt and bring heat to my face but it turns out his wives were all much more skilled. 

"You did so well protecting me back there, handsome.  We're all grateful for your help," Hinatsuru whispered, cuddling against my side.  My pulse kicked up a notch, probably not a healthy occurrence with the blood I already lost after the fight.  I didn't push any of them away though, letting my eyes close and allowing myself a moment to bathe in the affection.  Tengen's chuckle reverberated against my back as I turned my head to look at him. 

"Is the butterfly enjoying himself?  I told you they'd love you," he rasped out.  The sight of him made me nervous but he had already assured all of us that he'd live even if it meant losing an arm.  I still had tears in my eyes from the terror of possibly losing him.  Everything was going to be alright now though. 

"Maybe you should focus more on resting than what I'm doing," I mumbled back, cuddling closer against his chest as my other arm held Suma.  I felt her tremble as tears still ran down her face.  I've been doing my best for the last few minutes to console her by hugging her against me.  Now her sniffles were quieter as she rested against my shoulder with an occasional sigh. 

"Maybe all I can worry about is those I love to distract me from my pain.  Are you going to deny me that?" he smirked with a raise of his eyebrow.  I noticed the way he winced slightly though.  I decided to shut my mouth and just accept all the attention and care that swirled around between our little group, moving like water from one individual to the next in a never ending circle of love and affection that I had now become a part of.