Sabito x Reader

Thanks @_8Jay8_ for the request!
——————————————————————

The tall grass tickled my bare feet with the wind caressing my skin softly.  Hair ruffled and haori billowing, I sighed contentedly.  The fluffy white clouds rolled past peacefully on their own journey to the ends of the world. 

My attention dragged over my shoulder where he was walking quietly.  I couldn't help the warmth that spread through my chest at the sight of Sabito's small smile.  His gentle eyes were turned skyward to watch the vast blue emptiness but I couldn't tear my gaze away from his form to see exactly what he was watching. 

When his stare shifted to find me with my mouth open, he became quickly flustered as a blush dusted his face.  He sped up to brush against my shoulder before moving past to lead us on the trail through the vast meadow.  Heartbeat fluttering at the brief contact, I followed him. 

The trail was nothing more than flattened grass but we didn't struggle to follow where it would lead us.  It had become engraved in my mind where we were headed.  The feeling guiding me was the call of home and with Sabito by my side, I was complete. 

"Watch for the rock," the peach haired boy pointed out.  He slowed to link his arm with mine, directing us over the obstacle.  We could've gone around it of course but it had become tradition to cross the slippery surface together as one.  I cleared the last small bit before hauling Sabito up with me. 

"This means we're almost there," I smiled towards him.  We were close to each other now, arms still linked with our faces barely apart.  From this close, I could fully admire the deepness of his lavender eyes and the burst of joy it gave me. 

Sabito looked away with a blush but didn't disconnect our contact.  In fact, he slid his hand down to grasp mine with a gentle squeeze before following the trail again.  The warmth of his hand sent tingles up my arm and through my body.  Only he could cause such a reaction for me. 

As Sabito led us past the tall grass and through some trees, I was left to wonder how I was lucky enough to know such a wonderful person.  Whatever miracle was present or prayer answered, I was grateful for this light in my life.  The same light that kept me moving, kept me fighting and held my emotions prisoner to happiness. 

Moving through a few shrubs, we arrived at a small patch of grass with trees towering over the pleasant space as if protecting its beauty.  Flowers almost as purple as Sabito's eyes sprung up in groups and cast a warm aroma through the fresh air.  Birds chirped high in the branches of the trees but the main jewel of the small field flitted through the tall grass. 

We'd made it to Butterfly Meadow.  Colors flapped and danced between flowers as the wistful insects flew about.  My eyes widened at the sight even after seeing it countless times before.  A quick glance at Sabito revealed he was just as in awe as I was.  The grip on my hand tightened. 

"I love it here," he breathed out quietly.  I squeezed his hand back before twirling him suddenly.  He let out a surprised squeak that made me chuckle before I pulled him close.  Our chests pressed together as one of my hands slipped to carefully touch his back.  His other hand automatically found my shoulder as he stared at me silently. 

I could feel his heartbeat drum against his chest as I leaned in close.  His eyes began to lull closed as our breath mingled in the space between us.  Moving a bit higher, I pressed a small kiss on his nose that made him flinch.  His eyes opened and the disappointment was clear on his face. 

"Gotcha," I whispered.  He frowned but didn't pull away.  Smiling at him, the warmth in my chest blossomed.  He was absolutely amazing in every way and with the soft lighting of the sunlight filtering in through the leaves, he was even more beautiful. 

He suddenly stepped closer as his lips brushed mine for only a second.  That one second was enough to make my face burn and the fire in my chest to blaze.  His own expression was painted in a bright crimson with his eyes wide in shock of his own action.  He was bashful as his stare averted to the meadow to watch the butterflies. 

I pulled him close again to drag his attention back to me before guiding us in a slow rhythm through the grass.  He smiled at the action, face still bright but his eyes burning brighter as we swayed through the flowers.  Butterflies were sent up in the air, swirling around us as we became one with the beauty around us. 

Pressure on my feet made me irrationally flustered as Sabito held himself up.  I cast him a smile that he happily returned as I carried us across the meadow in small steps and turns.  With Sabito leaning on my feet to allow me to sway us, I couldn't help but steal another small kiss from him. 

As I pulled away, I chuckled at the sight of a purple winged butterfly settled atop his ruffled hair.  Blowing gently, the insect fluttered around us before disappearing.  I turned my attention back to Sabito to find he hadn't stopped staring at me.  He pulled me in and I felt my own butterflies in my chest.