Inosuke x Reader

Thanks @Greg_thesnail185 for the request!
——————————————————————————

I couldn't help but smirk at the tall demon lumbering towards Inosuke and I.  Tanjiro was off to fight the actual upper ranking demon with the boar headed boy and I left behind to make sure this monster was taken care of.  It was almost laughable though how ugly the thing was with its spider face and how slow he must move because of his height. 

"I'm gonna slice his head right off!" Inosuke shouted out, charging forward with clearly no plan.  Amusing thought but it wouldn't do any good to use a direct approach with a demon of massive strength and I was proved correct when Inosuke was easily brushed off by the large hand.  He managed to at least avoid being caught as he landed by my side on the bank of the river. 

"That was amusing but brute strength will only take you so far in this battle.  We're going to need to work together if we're going to have any chance at killing this thing," I explained with a taunting eyebrow raise.  I couldn't see Inosuke's face due to his head covering but his shoulders tensed in clear bashfulness.  A knowing smirk twitched onto my lips as I unsheathed my own sword. 

It was deadly sharp, one of the most thin swords while still being functional.  It could cut through most anything and was light to match my speed.  Overall, this blade was made to fit my fighting style of striking hard and quick before my enemy even knew I was there. 

A wicked smile spread across my face as I side eyed Inosuke who had gone frozen.  Giving him a wink, I watched him shiver once before he turned his attention back to the large demon closing in on us.  This was going to be entertaining in one way or another. 

"Hit hard to blind him and I'll hide behind to cut through his skin with my blades," I whispered quickly before jumping away as the spider demon slammed his fists down where I had been standing only a moment before.  Inosuke had rolled away as well before striking out at the demon's shoulder.  It was a distraction that opened up a weakness on the monster's other side. 

My breathing deepened as my mind cleared to activate my technique.  Lust breathing was precise and required plenty of passion and focus to perfect.  Plenty of my hours had been spent to break down the art of desire.  It was going to pay off tonight after I properly disposed of this target. 

"Lust breathing, seventh form: slice of heaven," I whispered, feeling my strength and speed build as I thrust my blade towards the demon's unguarded neck, wisps of deep red flowing from my sword.  My earlier observation of the demon's speed was proved to be incorrect as the large spider quickly turned, my sword piercing his side instead.  He gave a grunt but otherwise seemed unharmed as his hand collided with my body. 

Pain blossomed in my shoulder as I was tossed to the side, hitting the water hard.  I was smart enough to keep a strong hold on my blade though as I stood up somewhat shakily with my sword in hand.  I winced as I raised my arm, taking note of the damage and coming to a conclusion that my shoulder was most likely dislocated. 

Inosuke was still fighting like a beast, filled with some sort of rage that brought a small smile to my face.  My small moment of admiration was interrupted as the demon wrapped its huge fist around him, making Inosuke let out a shout.  I sprinted back into action with fear flooding my senses.  I wasn't going to let him die here, not by the hands of this monster. 

"Lust breathing, second form: flow of desire," I called out, my blade held out in front of me, pointing at the demon who now froze in place.  A pale pink mist surrounded our battlefield, used to sedate any enemies.  With all my concentration, I made sure the lust filled mist didn't go near Inosuke.  It would do no good to lull him into complacency. 

The demon's grip on my comrade loosened as his muscles relaxed.  Inosuke squirmed the rest of the way out and away from the spider as I exhaled slowly, breaking the spell.  It clearly did some damage as the demon groggily turned to look at us, unsteady on its feet as it tried to walk towards us.  This was our chance. 

Glancing at Inosuke, I noticed his boar head lopsided and his chest heaving harshly.  Bright purple bruises peppered his torso as worry coiled in my chest.  He didn't look good though I should've suspected as much considering he had been crushed by a demon.  We had to keep fighting before the effects of the mist wore off though and the demon was back to full strength. 

He gave me a single nod in agreement, readjusting his grip on his swords before he darted forward.  I fell into step behind him, spiraling to the side as he moved to the other side of the demon.  Simultaneously, we jumped up as the demon staggered, our blades moving in rhythm to aim for the neck.  This time the swords stuck into the flesh before slicing through the muscle. 

Falling back to the water, I smiled in victory as the spider's head rolled near us with a splash.  The demon was dead but as I sank back into the water, I realized that we weren't too much better as my shoulder pulsed in pain now that my adrenaline was spent.  Groans from nearby told me Inosuke wasn't faring too well either. 

"Inosuke, we did it," I whispered, staggering over to the boy who was hunched over with his hands hovering over his ribs.  I reached out to tug off his mask, the boar head falling into the water before I wrapped my arms gently around him.  He didn't even fight back, his own hands resting on my waist as he panted. 

"That was easy.  I doubt Gonpachiro could've done what we did," he sighed, wincing in pain when my fingers moved to gently graze over his injuries.  His breath tickled the skin on my neck as I chuckled softly.  Pressing slightly harder against his ribs, I steadied my breathing once more. 

"Lust breathing, third form; healing kiss," I mumbled, staring into Inosuke's eyes before pressing my lips against his cheek sweetly.  When I pulled away to look at his injury, I noticed his face bright red with a flustered smile across his lips.  His ribs were fixed though, the bruises starting to fade as my own injuries began to heal. 

"I think it isn't healing all the way.  You might want to try it again," he whispered dreamily.  I chuckled again, lifting one of his arms over my shoulder before grabbing his mask and walking both of us to the bank of the river.  We were alive and more or less okay now.  I never doubted us for a second, a strange urge to kiss Inosuke again, guiding me to peck his cheek once more.