Giyuu x Reader

Thanks @euphoria990 for the request!
———

I should've called out for help, should've let my voice carry through the forest until someone came to my aid...but I didn't.  Just because I vanquished two demons didn't mean that there weren't more lurking around every corner.  In this unfamiliar place, I was starting to lose my sense of direction as my head became dizzy. 

Even without my sight, I could already tell I've lost a decent amount of blood.  It was probably a terrifying image to see for others if they happen to stumble across me.  My robes were tattered with warmth from my wounds oozing from all over my broken body.  My chances of being rescued were slim with the chance of someone trying to help me even slimmer. 

A cold chill shot through my body as sudden droplets showered over me.  The smell of wet dirt filled my nostrils as a dull panic took the place of my pain.  My navigation skills with the loss of my eyesight were higher than most people's and as a hashira, I honed my skills to near perfection.  I relied on shifts in the air, brief shadows, sounds and smells to get around safely as well as battle.  My one weakness however was the rain which I had somehow found myself in. 

The sounds of the forest turned to white noise cut out by the rapid patter of the rain.  All smells became coated in a damp wetness that blurred all of my remaining senses.  It'd be far too easy for an enemy to sneak up on me and finish me off.  The mere thought of it made me want to scream in frustration and a growing sense of unease. 

I wasn't one to become afraid easily but I couldn't deny the way my pulse quickened or the fear prickling along my skin.  It would be a pointless death to be caught now after all I've done tonight to survive.  I shed blood, sweat and tears to have these moments and I wasn't keen on making them my last in the face of a mild rainstorm. 

Through the blurriness of the world, I could barely make out the snap of a branch.  My body froze up instantly in response.  The hilt of my sword was only a quick movement away as I turned slowly, desperate to catch the sound of whatever or whoever was out here with me. 

Arms wrapped around me out of nowhere.  There was no recognizable smell or sound coming off whoever was capturing me, my adrenaline spiking in response as I began to kick and squirm frantically.  My elbow flew behind me to catch my attacker in the ribs.  The soft cussing that sounded from behind me made me freeze all over again. 

"Hey, calm down.  It's alright, it's just me," Giyuu's soft voice breathed into my ear.  Guilt replaced my fear as I stopped fighting, tilting my head to hear his quietness better.  The familiar sound of his breathing filled my ears as he pulled my back to his chest, calming me down as tears pricked my covered eyes.  I hadn't fully realized the level of my fear until I took the moment to think about all that could've gone wrong. 

"It's going to be alright.  You made it close to headquarters, we're not too far.  Shinobu will fix this," Giyuu's voice wavered as I felt his gaze trailing over all of my wounds.  With him so close, I knew the exact moment when he realized my blood dripping over my robes.  His hold on me softened before I was completely scooped up from the ground. 

"I can't navigate in this weather.  It's like I'm blind all over again," I whispered shakily, clinging to Giyuu firmly as my head rested on his shoulder.  He pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead that made butterflies flutter in my stomach.  With a sigh, I let myself finally relax in his arms as he began to carry me back to headquarters and to safety. 

"Everything is going to be alright, you don't need to navigate anymore.  Just breathe and rest until we get there," his voice stated firmly.  I managed a weak nod as the rest of my strength ebbed away slowly yet surely.  We had only moved a few steps before I felt myself drifting off to a deep sleep, the sound of Giyuu's steady heartbeat lulling me to rest.

~~~

I awoke to the relaxing smell of lavender and the familiar scent of Giyuu's haori.  Just from scent alone I knew I was in the butterfly mansion where Shinobu made sure to make everything lavender scented so I always knew where I was if I awoke here alone.  The feeling of hands on my waist and warmth spreading across my chest told me that Giyuu was wrapped around me as well. 

Stirring slightly, I did my best not to awake the clearly sleeping water hashira as I stretched my aching limbs.  The feeling of bandages rubbed against my skin in all sorts of places along with a coolness from what I presumed was some sort of ointment.  I wasn't quite sure how long I was asleep for but clearly long enough to feel well rested and to find myself all taken care of. 

"Go back to sleep.  You still need rest," a groggy voiced Giyuu grumbled as his arms reattached to my body to pull me back to his side.  I didn't complain at the concern he held for me, gladly cuddling closer to him.  The bed creaked gently as I adjusted myself for maximum comfort in Giyuu's arms.  I didn't need to see to be able to know that he had a smile on his face as I sighed wistfully. 

"Thank you.  For everything," I mumbled sleepily, my hands sliding up to rest on his chest softly.  Giyuu hummed back appreciatively before his hand ran through my hair lovingly.  The attention and care kept me warm and happy as I began to drift off again in my lover's arms.