Giyuu x Reader

Thanks @Chiaki_BestGirl for the request!
———————————————————————

The forest was quiet and peaceful as I walked along the dirt path with a small smile.  There was a soft breeze with fluffy clouds soaring high above the trees, my mood flying just as high. 

My eyes would occasionally glance at the stoic demonslayer at my side in interest.  He hadn't uttered a word since we left headquarters on our new mission.  It was fine though, I was used to his quiet behavior.  It was actually refreshing every once in a while but it seemed I would have to carry any conversations from here on out.  We had a long trip ahead of us after all. 

"C'mon Tomioka, tell me something interesting," I smiled towards him, urging him to talk to me.  He didn't look at me but tilted his head in contemplation.  A few moments passed before he flashed me a glance.  His hand landed on the hilt of his sword like it usually did when he was socializing. 

"You seem to be my only friend," he stated with his usual serious behavior.  It wasn't what I was expecting but it still made me smile.  Of course that's not the only label I wanted from him but it was a start.  Giyuu kept his gaze focused forward as a way to pass the time passed in my head. 

"That was sweet but I wanted to hear something more about you, gorgeous," I urged.  His stare darted to me in surprise before flicking back ahead.  It was a strange reaction from the usual serious hashira but I let his nervous movement slide for now.  I didn't usually call him gorgeous after all so it was probably an unexpected surprise. 

"I don't know what you want me to say," he mumbled.  I changed my pace to match his as I walked nearer to him.  I didn't notice the way his shoulders tensed slightly as I bumped into him gently.  He didn't look at me but sighed in defeat.  "What do you want from me?  You already know everything." 

That was true at least.  We've known each other for years now, each moment amazing.  I've learned all there was to know about him, his nervous tics, his movements, everything.  We were friends till the very end, sometimes it even seemed like it was only us in this world and that's when my feelings would take control. 

"I know, I just want to talk to you," I smiled at him.  His blue eyes fixated on my lips for a second before he looked away again.  That time, I began to look closer at Giyuu's movements, his quick glances making me wonder.  "Alright gorgeous, there's something on your mind so why not just tell me?  What's going on behind that pretty face?" 

It was then I noticed the tips of his ears were a bright pink.  It wasn't much but enough for me to realize why he kept glancing at me like that.  I leaned in closer, hyper aware of the way his breath hitched slightly as my arm brushed against his. 

"I'm only thinking of the mission, as you should be too," he frowned.  That was a lie I might've believed if it wasn't for the blush on his ears slowly spreading with each moment that passed with our arms touching.  Not to mention whenever I called him gorgeous the way his eyes would widen. 

"Cute but you could try a little harder to be creative with your lies.  That adorable blush is blowing your cover, darling," I smirked, his stare flicking to me as I winked.  His expression remained serious but his blush spread to his face, casting his features in a soft pink hue.  He kept his mouth shut as I began to enjoy this flustered side of him. 

I've been known to be flirtatious, it was more of a personality than a choice but whenever Giyuu was around I usually held back any sort of comments.  I wasn't entirely sure why but it could've been the fact that if I were to say something flirty to him, it wouldn't be as much of a joke considering my growing affection towards him. 

"Why are you doing this?" Giyuu questioned quietly, his grip on his sword hilt tightening slightly.  My hand brushed his as we walked, his face darkening as his expression began to show some emotion other than serious.  He looked nervous, like he was doing something he shouldn't. 

"We're friends, Tomioka, it's not weird.  Unless you're thinking of something else," I smirked towards him.  He shook his head as if to get rid of the intrusive thoughts that I must've sent to him.  This was kinda fun actually and a perfect bridge to what I really want to say.  "Don't shy away from me now." 

Giyuu halted his walking, surprising me as I stopped as well to watch him.  He kept his gaze on the ground, his hand coming up to cover his mouth as his face burned a bright red.  Satisfaction filled my chest at the sight, a soft chuckle escaping my lips. 

Suddenly his eyes flicked up to land on me, his stare intense as shivers rolled down my spine.  His hand lowered from his mouth as he straightened his back to make himself slightly taller.  For having blue eyes, they seemed to burn with a new emotion I've never seen on him before. 

"You're making me flustered like this on purpose," he frowned.  I tilted my head in mock confusion but he didn't give me a chance to continue as he unexpectedly pulled me closer to him, his hand resting on my lower back.  "You want me to say something interesting, fine.  I've recently found myself wondering what your lips feel like on mine." 

I overcame my shock, quickly catching on to his feelings.  My arms reached up to wrap around his neck to pull him closer as I tried to fight back against my own flustered reactions.  Giyuu leaned in closer, hovering close enough to my lips for me to feel his breath. 

"How about you find out then, pretty boy," I urged.  He didn't need to be told twice as he gently pressed his lips on mine.  The kiss was exactly as I'd dreamed it to be, slow and soft with our passions mixing with each push.  Absolutely perfect.