Hotaru x Reader

Thanks @VanCrestin for the request!
——————————————————————————

The sun shone brightly outside, casting everything in its warm glow.  A sense of longing filled my chest as I watched some young boys chase each other in the deep green grass.  It was a beautiful day meant to be enjoyed in any and all ways possible.  Perhaps later, I'd sneak off to walk one of the trails through the forest. 

For now I was content with strolling throughout the house, absent minded and humming a soft tune.  It didn't take long for boredom to seep into my mind though.  I'd just returned from a long trip the day before and yet I couldn't seem to sit down and relax.  After all this time, I've been hard wired to move around whether completing various tasks or keeping myself safe. 

When in the Swordsmith Village, there seemed to be an endless supply of excitement or work to be done but by a certain someone's particular orders, no one would allow me to help.  Hotaru couldn't even be bothered to stay and keep me company after forbidding me from doing anything besides rest.  It was a hypocritical move but what could I do?  Resting was the last thing on my mind. 

I couldn't help feeling grateful for Hotaru's concern and care though as I did my best to respect his wishes.  I'd avoided leaving the house, even managing a small nap here and there when I wasn't coiled with endless energy.  That was probably the best he was going to get out of me. 

All I wanted was him to be here, forcing me to rest if he had to by holding me against him.  A sly smile spread across my face as my thoughts wandered down dark twists and turns that would make anyone flustered. 

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" a familiar voice rasped out.  Looking over my shoulder, I smiled softly at Hotaru standing in the doorway.  My eyes traced his body appreciatively, taking in every detail.  He was clearly back from working the forge by the sweat rolling down his unmasked face.  My thoughts from a moment before came back with a vengeance. 

"You leave and expect me to just sleep throughout the day?" I smirked, moving across the room to wrap my arms around Hotaru.  His calloused hands instantly grabbed my waist firmly, a serious frown on his face.  There was a clash of longing and concern in his eyes before he leaned in to kiss me softly. 

My eyes shut in bliss, pushing in close so our hips slid against each other.  Hands sliding into his dark hair matted with sweat, I kept him close even as my lungs burned for air.  The suffocation only heightened the heated experience but it eventually became too much as Hotaru gripped my hair firmly before putting some distance between our lips so I could breathe. 

"Buzzkill," I panted with a smile, face warm.  He only chuckled softly, one hand still tangled in my hair as he watched me intently with a soft blush on his own face.  If he thought I didn't notice the way his stare watched my parted lips drink in the air, he was wrong.  Anyone would be able to tell what was transpiring between us. 

"Maybe if you rested earlier like I told you to, you wouldn't be getting tired so easily now when it counts," he smirked, leaning in to place a slower kiss against my lips.  Humming in defiance, I tilted my head to deepen the affection as if to show that I had energy to challenge him still.  It was clear though that I wouldn't get out of this easily as he groaned deeply before he yanked my hair, my head being forced back. 

When his lips brushed against my jaw, I shivered with my breath becoming heavy.  He moved his kisses lower along my neck with my hands pulling at his hair desperately.  I could feel his smirk against my skin before he dragged his teeth gently on my neck.  Adrenaline spiked in my veins at the sharpness. 

"Remind me to never listen to you again," I sighed shakily.  His mouth left my skin as he stared at me with narrowed eyes.  Chuckling, I gently pressed my forehead against his as I caught my breath.  He was right about me being worn out easily though.  My body felt heavy like I was trying to move through syrup. 

"Next time, listen to me.  I only want to take care of you," he whispered softly, breath fanning across my lips.  This time when we kissed, it was sweet and short.  My head rested along his shoulder as I yawned, trying to hide how exhausted I really was but I couldn't hide anything from Hotaru.  His arms held me securely against him, pretty much holding me up. 

"I know.  I love you," I mumbled.  His hold on me tightened as his head rested on mine lovingly.  I could hear the way his heartbeat picked up quicker and quicker till it sounded like it would burst from his chest.  I'm sure mine wasn't much better when he leaned in to whisper into my ear. 

"I love you too.  So much, it hurts."  Sighing happily, I pressed a small kiss against his own neck.  He chuckled as he began to guide us through the room.  I didn't even bother asking where he was planning on taking me when he suddenly spun me around and my back hit the soft mattress of our shared bed.

Without another word, Hotaru climbed onto the mattress with me as I turned on my side to face him.  He smiled warmly at me when his arms wrapped around my body softly.  Cuddling against his chest, I grabbed the ends of his long hair to gently curl around my fingers.  It didn't take long for sleep to take me away with Hotaru's deep breathing lulling me into blissful darkness.