Giyuu x Reader (Part 2)

Altered from alternate request
———

"Alright, time to talk." After bringing me inside, everything became awkward. We sat through dinner in silence as Urokodaki glanced between us the entire time as if he could sense the tension simmering just underneath the surface. Any conversation attempted ended up trailing off as I kept my gaze glued at the table, trying to control my expression anytime Giyuu talked which wasn't much.

After finishing a painful dinner, Urokodaki dismissed us to get rest with a reminder that we would need to wake early for training. I guess not even Giyuu was exempt from our master's torture and so with anticipation swirling in my chest, I walked to our shared room.

Once the door slid shut behind us, I abruptly turned to look at Giyuu to find he was already staring back at me expectantly. Now we stood with our gazes intense as if we hadn't just kissed not too long ago. It was time we had that talk Giyuu promised me.

"If you want honesty, I'll give it to you," he stated with his usual neutral expression. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting to be the first thing he said but it was a start nonetheless. I sighed, going over to sink to my bed in exhaustion before patting the spot by my side to encourage him to join me.

"I'd like you to be honest, yeah. I just want to know what you want moving forward," I mumbled somewhat shyly. It sounded so business-like but I wasn't familiar with these types of conversations. How do I say I wanted him to kiss me again? To hold me close and never leave me?

As Giyuu sat down beside me, he kept his stare focused on the ground. Our shoulders brushed slightly, making me tense up at the small contact. It felt strange seeing him in this sudden new light where everything he did made my heart race and breath quicken but yet it felt so right as well.

"I want to understand what this strange feeling in my chest is and why I only feel it around you. I'm not sure why I kissed you, only that it made me feel alive in a way I haven't felt in so long," Giyuu whispered. My eyes widened at his confession and the surprise of hearing him explain it in detail. He wasn't one to talk too much but he sounded so sure of himself at this moment.

"You make me have strange feelings too," I confessed softly. Giyuu lifted his gaze to trace up my body before settling on my lips and then flicking to my eyes. The intensity of his stare gave me goosebumps as anticipation flooded my senses. He was just too beautiful right now as his hand reached up to my chin.

"Can I kiss you again? Just to be sure?" he asked quietly. A shiver rolled down my spine as my hands slid up to his shoulders. He trembled slightly at the feeling, his face darkening with a soft blush. I gave him an encouraging nod with a smile.

"Kiss me as many times as you need," I whispered back. Something sparked in his deep eyes, something that made him look like he woke from a trance. He leaned in immediately, his other hand cupping the back of my neck as his lips brushed against mine teasingly.

Sparks lit up in my head as I pushed against him, a small hum sliding past his lips. This kiss was slower than the other one, more careful and affectionate. It made everything blur except where our bodies touched. I wanted to stay here with him for as long as I could, for as long as it took for Giyuu to fully realize how much I loved him.

"I know I said I'd be honest but I lied. I've been sure that I've loved you, I just wanted an excuse to kiss you again," Giyuu breathed against my lips before kissing me again. I hummed in bliss, my hands moving to cup his face as he pushed closer.

"You don't ever need an excuse to kiss me," I whispered back, my voice hoarse from the lack of air. That didn't stop us from pushing back together again with affection laced in each movement. My chest clenched with each touch and moment that passed by. My mind was absolutely empty of anything that wasn't Giyuu.

After a bit longer, I began to get tired as I pulled away to rest my head on his shoulder. His arms wrapped around me to hold me close as I yawned. It was late and all of these emotions were wearing me out. If I had more energy, I'd gladly spend it with him but I was moments away from sleep.

Giyuu noticed this as he chuckled softly, easing me back onto the bed before crawling in beside me. My arms wrapped around his neck as his own held me by my middle. He placed a final kiss on my nose before allowing me to finally rest. "Goodnight," I whispered softly.

"Sweet dreams."