Muzan x Reader

Thanks @Greg_thesnail185 for the request!
———

I could feel the blood coating my fingers growing colder in the night air as I strode towards the mansion.  It was another flawless kill of a demonslayer who'd been a little too close to home, quite literally.  Of course it didn't take me long to find him before he caught sight of the heavily demon populated house. 

Striding across the moonlit gardens, a sense of pride filled my chest.  After being a demon for so long, the kills I've done have become numbing.  There was still a sick satisfaction I felt but not as much of my passion was in it anymore.  I still ate healthily though and loved being put on the front lines but it no longer felt essential for my joy.  It did bring me joy though to delight my king. 

A thrill of pleasure spread throughout my body just thinking about him.  The night would end soon enough which would signal a day spent lounging around with him as we waited for night again.  As one of the lucky few demons, I was allowed to stick near him without consequence or fear.  I knew he wouldn't harm me in any way.  We've come too far for that. 

"Congratulations my dear on your kill.  I do believe that makes your victim count over thirty three hundred.  Shall we celebrate tonight?" a cool voice whispered into my ear.  I whirled around in anticipation, my eyes catching Muzan's as he grinned warmly.  Of course he would keep track of something so trivial as that.  It was hardly a secret that I was his favorite.  Some had even called me his little pet, though they never lasted long once Muzan found out. 

"How could I refuse such an offer?  Does this also mean you'll spoil me?" I cooed, sliding my hands over his chest to rest around his shoulders.  His eyes darkened as if already imagining all that he would give me.  But despite our little moment, I could feel sharp stares on me from every direction.  Any demons passing by must've stopped what they were doing to watch us. 

I already knew what all the other demons thought of me.  Muzan was the source of nearly everyone's attention and me not even being in an official relationship with him probably made things worse.  Even though I was a favorite of Muzan's didn't mean that the other demons felt the same.  It didn't matter to me though that they were jealous of what they could never have as long as I was here. 

"I'm always looking for an excuse to spoil you.  Tonight will be no different," Muzan assured, dragging my attention fully back to him.  His hands rested along my waist firmly like he could tear me away from everyone's stares with only a touch.  I was nearly convinced that it was working as he guided me into the mansion.

~~~

Out of all the deaths I've seen, all the murder I've committed myself, there was something about watching Akaza bury his fist into the demonslayer that made me a bit sickened.  Perhaps I was starting to get too old for this after centuries spent ending lives.  Maybe it was time I took a step back from the front lines because at this moment I felt tired of witnessing these scenes over and over again. 

The only thing stopping me was what Muzan would do if I even suggested such a thing.  I had originally worked my way up the ranks by being ruthless and slaughtering hundreds easily with no remorse.  Would I still be valuable to him if I stopped now?  I couldn't even imagine an existence without Muzan in it anymore.  It would probably crush me if he sent me away in disgrace. 

All of these thoughts swirled through my head like an awful torrent that couldn't stop.  I was falling into the rabbit hole of my mind.  Not even Akaza's concerned questions broke my strange trance.  I hadn't felt this emotion in so long but I remembered what it was like when I was human.  Anxiety prickled along my skin at the idea of facing Muzan's disappointed gaze. 

By the time we reached the estate, I was so far into my overthinking that I didn't even notice when Muzan himself was standing before me with a worried expression of his own.  His hands found mine to hold gently between us but it wasn't until he leaned in and all I could see was his face before I snapped back to reality. 

"Are you alright, my dear?  What happened?" Muzan questioned quietly, one of his hands moving to cup my face.  Leaning into his palm, I couldn't meet his eyes as I took a deep breath.  I might've been his favorite now but that could very well change with my next few words.  This could be the last time he held such a caring light in his eyes when he looked at me.  It terrified me. 

"I don't want to be on the front lines anymore.  I want to rest for a bit but I also don't want you to get rid of me," I whispered, unsure.  I couldn't even remember a time when I was this meek and felt this vulnerable.  I hated it with a strong passion but there wasn't much I could do with these range of emotions taking hold of my actions. 

To my immediate relief, Muzan smiled before pulling me into a hug that I eagerly returned.  His breath fanned over my neck, goosebumps rising along my skin.  The mood shifting between us was quick and unavoidable.  Before I knew what was happening, his lips were on mine and I was desperately returning the kiss. 

"Be my prince, please.  I need you.  You won't have to be on the front lines anymore," Muzan breathed against my lips.  He returned to suffocating me for a few more moments as my grip on his shoulders tightened considerably.  My heart was soaring but with his lips glued to mine, I didn't have much time to say everything I wanted to but I managed to say enough. 

"I'd love to.  Anything for you my king," I whispered hoarsely.  He shivered in my hold, his movements more needy as I swooned.  It all felt like a dream but the sturdiness of Muzan's body against mine reminded me that this was actually happening.  Even if it wasn't real, I wasn't going to ever wake up if I had anything to say about it.