Daki x Reader

Thanks @oofguy123 for the request!
———

Like hell I was dressing up as a consort. Yeah, I bet everyone would love to see me dressed up like a girl with my glittery makeup and cheap dress but I wasn't doing it. Seeing the way Tengen was getting slightly pissed at my stubbornness only made me fight back even more.

I had nothing against him of course but seeing someone ticked off because of something I refused to do brought me a kind of pride for myself that I didn't get anywhere else. It also didn't help that I'd be risking being violated if I went undercover as a female in this entertainment district, inside a brothel. You better believe I would look so damn fabulous in a dress and jewelry that I'd have men and women lining up around the block just to get a sneak peek. It wasn't happening though, over my dead body.

"Fine, since you're so determined on being trouble, you get to walk around as demon bait. The demon will see a weak, small little demonslayer and make a move on you so we can get some intel on it," Tengen sighed in clear exhaustion. He was obviously fed up with me, a smile twitching on my face. Tengen seemed like the guy that could usually keep his cool but not tonight and not with me.

"Everyone wants to make a move on me so this will be a breeze," I yawned, stretching my arms above my head before ducking right as Tengen lashed out with his blade. I chuckled, backing up till I was at the doorway. Tengen glared at me before waving me away, a clear dismissal to start my mission. I could still see the slight worry in his eyes though and as much as I should feel touched by the minuscule gesture, I didn't think twice about it. People died everyday, feeling sorrow and grief before someone was buried six feet under was a waste of emotions. Emotions I refused to use up or feel anymore.

~~~

"Well this only supports my opinion of mankind," I muttered to myself as I looked around the very crowded Entertainment District. There were lines out of doorways for certain brothels, men spilling their drinks on terrified looking women and servants milling about with their heads down in what seemed to be shame. I felt my lip curl in disgust at the wretchedness of it all. This was a sinful place that made me want to spill my breakfast. That would surely make a point.

I walked along the roofs of the buildings, sticking to the shadows for now just to get a scope of the layout. This was a far more busy city than I was used to. Everything was three times as loud, three times as bright and three times as chaotic. Streets curled and came to random stops with people everywhere. To a demon, this must've been a buffet. Anyone could be plucked from the crowd without any alarm being raised. My eyes traced the bustling figures far down below, forgetting to take in the sight of my surroundings.

"What do you think you're doing up here?" a voice hissed out as I found my arms stuck to my sides. I looked around wildly, aware of the thick ribbons tying my body like I was a present. The woman standing before me inclined her head with her chin up in clear pride. She was actually really stunning and it took me several tense moments of silence till I realized she had asked me a question.

"That's a ridiculous question to ask when you're up here as well. It's a little strange to meet this way, I will say that," I smirked, shrugging my shoulders. She eyed me up and down, her stare intense for such a pretty girl. When I realized she was a demon, I wasn't as surprised as I thought I would be when encountering one.

At this moment, I realized that I agreed with pretty privilege. If anyone had this woman's looks, they could absolutely destroy me and I wouldn't mind. I didn't exactly want to die yet either.

"Please don't eat me. I'm not really in the mood to feel afraid right now," I asked, loving the taken aback look in her eyes as she stared at me in confusion. I tended to get that look a lot but it felt more endearing coming from this demon. She sighed through her nose before she strode up to me. I was kinda expecting her to snap my neck in annoyance like so many people must dream of doing to me but she only unstrapped my sword from my hip.

"Hey, we just met! We should at least exchange names first. I'm y/n," I smiled, watching every minuscule movement this beautiful girl made. She snarled at me but there was a soft blush on her pale skin that her makeup couldn't hide. I chuckled in victory and pride, not necessarily surprise though. When was the last time she was complimented once people found out what she truly was. Somehow, I didn't particularly mind...as long as she didn't eat me.

"Are you always this cocky? It's really annoying," she drawled, tossing my sword over her shoulder. Her ribbons loosened slightly, enough for me to know she was already warming up to me just like so many others have done for me in the past. I smirked at her, tilting my head to stare at her wonderful bright eyes. "Fine. I'm Daki," she scowled.

"What a pleasure to meet you, Miss Daki," I purred, leaning forward to get a bit closer. She shook her head but her frown was already twitching into a faint smile. It was a cute little expression, only urging me on. Her ribbons completely retracted from me now. I wasn't sure whether to feel relieved or insulted that I was not considered a threat but I decided not to dwell on that. What I did dwell on was the way Daki was standing with her hand propped on her gorgeous hip, her eyes looking me over in interest, her hair cascading down her shoulders.

"I'm taking you. You're mine now and I don't plan on letting you go," Daki mused aloud. Somehow that didn't sound so bad. I could find a way to charm myself out of any situation I found myself in...or annoy my way out. I flashed her yet another smirk, holding my arm out that she looked at with a promising grin.

"Shall we then?"