Daki x Reader

You asked and I have delivered @Preps13
—————————————————————————

Humming to myself softly, I tidied up the room for a romantic night.  It was our five year anniversary and everything had to be perfect for her.  Chocolates were set on a nearby table along with flowers and a small stuffed bear.  Candles were scattered throughout the room just waiting to be lit later tonight.  It was all so cliche but I had put affection and care into every detail.  All that was left now was Daki in my arms. 

A dreamy sigh slid past my lips at the mere thought of her.  From her bright eyes to her long hair to her beautiful figure, I miss all of her and couldn't wait any longer to give her all of my love and affection.  Tonight was going to be perfect, filled with romance and passion.  I swear it on my life. 

A chuckle escaped my throat at the thought.  As a demon, it was such a foolish thing to say now.  There was a small moment where I frowned, remembering my old life when I was a human.  It wasn't that I missed it, actually overjoyed that Daki had been merciful and saved me from my humanity by turning me into a demon.  A dark shudder rolled down my spine at the memories. 

Without Daki, I wouldn't feel the happiness and love I got to feel now even if I was no longer human.  I'd trade my life all over again if it meant I could stay by her side as her lover.  She cared for me and I loved her more than anything in this world.  I'd burn everything to the ground if she so wished it. 

My mood lifted again when I thought about our night ahead.  After all, the past didn't matter anymore, it was done and what was left was a wonderful romance between Daki and I that I cherished.  Through it all, I started to become a bit nervous though when my eyes caught on a small box placed on the bedside table.  Five years was long enough right? 

Proposing sounded like such a terrifying word so I didn't dare to even whisper it out loud.  Marriage sounded wonderful though and the concept of having Daki as my wife only made me swoon, becoming light headed and drunk with joy.  Tonight would be the night that I truly professed my love and sealed the knot so that we were bound. 

The creak of the door behind me made me flinch as a familiar sweet smell filled the room.  Reaching out to quickly put the box in my pocket, I turned to come face to face with the love of my life.  Daki had a bright smile when her eyes landed on the flowers and gifts stacked nearby, laid out for her to enjoy.  She clapped her hands in delight as I practically melted at the excitement in her eyes. 

"Happy Anniversary, beautiful," I called out lovingly, striding closer to her as I took her hand.  I spun her around as she giggled, pulling her in for a dramatic dip that made her eyes light up joyfully.  Her arms wrapped across my shoulders as she leaned in close. 

"Happy Anniversary, handsome," she whispered before her lips met mine.  I sighed happily, humming delightfully into the kiss as her head tilted to push against me harder.  Pulling her onto her feet without pulling away, my hands massaged her waist gently.  It was moments like these that made me wonder how I got so lucky.  The small box in my pocket started to feel heavier. 

"Tonight is all about us, a night of fun and joy.  I want only the best for you," I cooed softly, pressing a kiss to her nose as she giggled again.  She was so cute when she laughed like that.  It made me fill with pride to know that I was the only one who could elicit that response from her.  I needed to propose tonight.  She needed to know just how much I adore her. 

"You're so sweet, you know that?  I love you so much," she smiled warmly, resting her head against my shoulder with a sigh that tickled the skin on my neck.  Goosebumps rose along my arms in anticipation for what I was going to do next.  Gently pulling her away, I looked deep into her eyes as she tilted her head in confusion. 

With a deep breath, I pulled out the small box as I sank low to the ground on one knee.  Immediately Daki gasped in delight which gave me strength to steel my nerves and keep my hands form shaking as I opened the box to reveal the diamond ring sparkling inside its velvet cushioning. 

"Daki, I am who I am today because of you and I couldn't be more grateful to be loved by you.  My love for you is infinte and I want to stay by you for as long as our eternity lasts.  Will you do me the greatest honor of allowing me to become your husband?" I asked with a nervous smile.  She let out a squeal that made me jump in surprise as she dove into my arms, causing us to crash to the floor.  She started to pepper my face with kisses before nearly suffocating me with her love. 

"Yes yes yes!  Forever yes!  I'd love to be your wife!  I love you," she excitedly chattered, continuing to kiss me before she broke away to just stare at me lovingly.  My own eyes must've held nothing less than pure admiration as she blushed.  I gently grabbed her hand, slipping on the diamond engagement ring that made her my fiancé and future wife.  Our lives may technically be over and yet they were just beginning as I kissed the soft skin of her hand where the ring sat sparkling with the promise of our future.