Chapter 2: Afflicted

Smiling, Shehnaaz entered the banquet hall with Parth.

Behind a giant taro plant not far away, Arti, who donned an apricot hued, shoulder baring evening gown,
witnessed this scene. Her expression contorted greatly and she grasped the wine glass so hard it nearly shattered.

Kasmira nudged her. “Go on, she’s here.”

Arti swallowed all the wine in her glass with one gulp. She mustered her courage, rearranged her face into a smile, and approached Shehnaaz and Parth. Covertly turning the position of the pear shaped diamond ring on her middle finger, she then patted Shehnaaz’s rosy and fair half-exposed shoulder to swiftly stab into it. Her sweet voice exclaimed, “Sana, you’re here!” She eyed her evening gown, “Wow, you’re truly the most beautiful girl in C University’s Faculty of Law. You’re just stunning in this gown!”

Shehnaaz merely thought her shoulder was stung by a mosquito. There was a moment of sharp pain, but the feeling quickly dissipated. She dismissed it, passed a small box into Arti’s hand, and said, “Arti, Happy Birthday!”

Arti accepted the box and grasped Shehnaaz’s hand, the pear shaped diamond ring on the middle finger of her left hand returned to its original position.

“You are too kind! You only had to show up, what’s with bringing a gift? Think about how close we are. We don’t need these formalities,” Feng Yixi passed the gift box to a
domestic helper, then took Shehnaaz’s hand and winked at her. “Let’s go, I’ll introduce you to a few of my friends. You remember my cousin, right? He’s liked you for a long time. Have a chat and drink with him today for my sake.”

Shehnaaz couldn’t decline, and was pulled along, stumbling to outside the hall.

Colored lanterns hung in the backyard, where the silhouettes of people in groups of two and three stood, and
sounds of laughter erupted intermittently.

Arti dragged Shehnaaz before five or six men. “Cousin, this is Shehnaaz. She’s the genius in our Faculty of Law, and not only is she smart and pretty, but she’s also young. She is a youth university student, who started when she was fourteen and is graduating this year at eighteen!”

Shehnaaz lowered her eyes. Her birthday was in October, so she was only 17 and not 18 yet.

The men snickered and looked over.

Their gaze was wanton, pausing at her chest and the area below her waist and above her thighs for a long time.

Shehnaaz was slightly displeased, but did not walk out, for Arti’s sake. She forced a smile and nodded, “Pleased to meet you.”

“I like this babe, she’s nice and juicy.” A lecherous looking man with hair dyed in multiple colors was almost drooling.

Under the night and colored lanterns, Shehnaaz’s skin appeared almost luminous and truly delicate.

Arti loosened her hand and let go of Shehnaaz’s elbow. The men saw that a ring of red had already imprinted her fair and rosy skin.

They wondered what it would feel like to have such a supple and delicate girl pressed underneath their bodies to do as they pleased? Without even taking any type of aphrodisiac, they were as aroused as if they had been injected directly.

Seeing how much Shehnaaz stirred the men, Arti almost couldn’t conceal the deep jealousy and hatred in her
eyes. She quickly averted her gaze and said laughingly,

“Take your time chatting. I’m going to greet guests back there” and turned to leave.

Shehnaaz wanted to go with her, but the men surrounded
her.